I have a 2.8 yr old dcb in my care since last September. He has been doing great with the potty for the last 4 months. He will hold his pee until our scheduled potty breaks and sometimes will go on his own. I rarely change a diaper. I've been trying to get his parents on board with potty training at home. Dcd is all for it, unfortunately his wife is a pretty dominant personality and I get the feel what she says go's under their roof. This is the same dcm that throws her husband under the bus to avoid looking bad.

I've seen her try to micro manage little things and always set her straight when it concerns my policies, etc. She rarely drops off and picks up unless she needs to "address" a concern or something. When she does she often says things like ..."Oh dcb goes potty for you here, he never really does at home...he'll just go in his pull up and never asks" and I told her and dcd that he is more than ready, he just needs a schedule and to be put on the potty at home and reassurance and a lot of work on her and her husband's part for a few weeks (if that).

3 weeks ago I asked dcd if he could bring underwear to daycare as his son is clearly ready. As for pooping, he will often go and hide and I guide him to the potty and he finishes there. It's rare that he poops here though. Maybe once a week. Dcd was all excited and said he will "ask his wife". SMH! Seriously?

Underwear was never brought. Last week dcb was sick and missed all of last week. This Monday he came and is resisting using the potty at all. He whines and says he will do it in his diaper (pull up, which is a diaper anyway). I changed his diaper 4 times yesterday. He won't even go during scheduled potty breaks. When I seat him on the toilet, he pouts . So sad as he was doing so well and regressed sooo much in the week he was home with mommy.

At pick up yesterday I asked the dcd about his pottying at home last week. His response "He wasn't feeling well, so I guess that's why dcm didn't try". Today he brought me a full package of pull ups for dcb. I guess that pretty much sums it up. These people clearly have no interest in getting their child to the next step. So why should I bother?

Today he was fighting the potty again. I will not push the issue. That is bad in itself.

When dcd comes to pick up today I thought I'd have a conversation with him about how all the other children (2) that were starting to potty with his son and completely done now. How they have wearing underwear for weeks and that I'm okay with the occasional accident, that is how they learn. However, I will discontinue attempting to put his son on the potty if they are not onboard with it at home as well. And that his son has probably missed his window.

I'm not getting into a power struggle with dcb (or dcm for that fact) over the potty. For all it matters, he could go in diapers for the next 2 years. This coupled with several other things, really irks me about these clients.

How would any of you handle this conversation with dcd tonite at pick up? Would you even bother?