Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    It will also depend on your area and the cost of living. There are plenty of jobs/careers that don't see pay raises every year so some parents may have an issue with their dc fee raising every year. I don't know of many dcprovider's in my area that raise fee's yearly so FOR ME, I am not willing to risk losing a parent over a $1/day to a cheaper hdc or even a centre. $1/day/child is a big raise for some areas(at least compared to the raises I used to get when I worked out of the home). This is why I choose to raise rates for new families only, this way they can budget for daycare and it will never change. Most families will only be in my care for 1-4 years anyways.

However, if you can find parents to pay your fee's and increase it yearly than great!! Nothing wrong with that I do have a question for those that do the $1/day/child/year increase...will you ever have a number that you top out at? Or just continue for as many years as you can?
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 03-18-2014 at 05:48 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Totally agree with 5LM!

For myself I started out at the lower end in order to get families and then moved up from there. The lowest in my area is $25 but I started at $28 (have even seen $20 but not sure how they manage it). The highest at the time was $30 and now slowly there are more and more between $30-$35. I doubt there would be any demand for higher especially when licenced centers are around $18 - $22 (I think).

I do find it great that there are more in my area upping their fees so that the rest of us can follow suit. There has to be a limit though and it would all depend on the area.

Euphoric !
    You're close mickyc...centres are $19-$29, or at least those are the last numbers I knew about. Increased fee's and staff raises at MB centres are few and far between and they top out early into your career. Hopefully this changes though!!

Starting to feel at home...
    I am pretty much the same situation as you Mickyc. When I started, I was brand new to the area (literally 1 week) so I had only the joy of other daycare ad postings to base the 'going rate' in my area. And for the most part, it was/is $25-$30/day, with one or two at $35.

Being that I just moved to the area and knew nobody AND just found out that I was preggers, I decided to start at $25 in order to bring in some families. Then I decided that come the end of January, I was going to jump to $30/day for any new families, and that did not stop anyone. But have keep my other families at $25/day.

I figure that now that I am full and have gained a rep and have great references, I will continue to slowly raise my fees for new families.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ttremble88 For This Useful Post: