Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Providers Advertising things that are illegal!

I find it incredibly frustrating to go on kijiji and see providers actively posting saying things like "my fees are very reasonable so therefore I do NOT provide receipts," mentioning that they have kiddie pools for the summer time, saying in their ad that they are on maternity leave and so are not providing receipts (meaning that they're receiving their full mat leave entitlement plus getting $$ from daycare clients), saying they will "beat any price in town because they always have space available," etc etc.

I am advertising like crazy to fill open spots, and follow all ministry guidelines and claim all my income. I am legitimately self-employed and doing everything by the book. Hell, when I first opened, I opened 2 months early for a pair of siblings while I was still on mat leave. The mother told me she didn't need receipts for those 2 months "so it wouldn't screw up my mat leave," and I said no, I would simply give her a great deal and only charge her the $50 a week that I am legally allowed to make and not claim on top of my mat leave pay. There were a number of reasons why it made sense for me to do that, which are not important now, but I couldn't wrap my head around doing something that was illegal, even if I would get more money for it.

It just sucks that these people will probably find clients, as they can afford to charge less, and the people that follow the rules will be left with open spots.

I really want to post on kijiji the rules for home daycares, even though I know a ton of parents won't care about rules if they can find cheap daycare. It wouldn't do any good, but it pisses me off!

Euphoric !
    The kiddie pool rule is only for licensed daycares. I can and do use a kiddie pool all summer as I am unlicensed.

Euphoric !
    I could care less as the parents that go for that kind of advertisements are not the parents I want. The parents I get do not want that kind of daycare so it really is a non-issue. It just makes me look better to my families.