Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    Hi Kim,
    Welcome to the forum! What issues is she having with your contract, etc? Are your rates similar to other child care providers in your area? Maybe if you give us some more info we can help you out.

Hi,

My rates are similar to other providers in my area. The parents do not like that they would have to pay for the days the child(ren) are not in my care when the child is supposed to be in my care. For example when they are sick or the dad has a day off and wants to spend it with his child. Also the fact that payment is expected when they go on vacation if that time is not the same as when I close my daycare when I go on vacation. The parents are on a tight budget, she works full time, he goes to school and works part time. The other daycare they are considering does not have this policy and she is also charging $10.00 less. This other daycare also has alot of children and the mom is having issues with that.
    Am I being too strict? We have set up another meeting this weekend to discuss these points.

Starting to feel at home...
    Not too strict at all. Not everyone will work and you need to stay strong and perhaps wait for the right family to come along. GL.

Thanks for the advise and encouragement. I'll let you know what happens.

Euphoric !
    Parents need to be educated that because we are limited to five children that they are paying for a space in my daycare and it isn't about what days they choose to come or not come.

There are also concerns here for the other daycare. Make sure you have a copy of the DNA children limits to give her as it sounds like the reason the other daycare is charging so little is because they may be making it up with extra children which is illegal so she runs the risk of having her daycare closed immediately as soon as the ministry finds out.

Well I got the kids (baby is full time, big sister is part-time). Everyone is happy...the parents are happy and I am happy. The dad was the hold out. He came by with the baby to meet my husband and I and he really liked what he saw. They really want a nurturing home daycare with no more than 4 or 5 kids. Apparently the other day care is licensed and she is supposed to have helpers.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Apparently the other day care is licensed and she is supposed to have helpers.
    Where do you live Kim?

I live in Kitchener

Euphoric !
    Ok so how is that possible if you can't license a home daycare in Ontario as such. Is she attempting to turn it into a daycare centre and being zoned for such. That is the only way she could do it with helpers in a single home.