Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Expansive...
    lol when i typed 'relax' in that post it didnt sound nearly as condescending (nor was it meant to in any way) as it read. i have to stop typing like im talking to my buddy! (professional face on!)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cadillac For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    For myself I would never have said what you did. I would have asked if it is possible if pickup could be at 3 when all kids are up so that the rest of the kids don't get woken up. My contract says that no pickups during nap time but I do make exceptions. I have kept kids up and went in and got them up a bit early. I have had parents show up unexpectedly as well. Everyone is super quiet and it has never been an issue although it doesn't happen often.

Yes we all deserve a break but it is just one day and only 30 minutes early.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    lol when i typed 'relax' in that post it didnt sound nearly as condescending (nor was it meant to in any way) as it read. i have to stop typing like im talking to my buddy! (professional face on!)
    I understand what you mean!! I never mean to come across as a b*tch but there have been times I have re-read what I wrote and think it sounds mean hahaha.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    For myself I would never have said what you did. I would have asked if it is possible if pickup could be at 3 when all kids are up so that the rest of the kids don't get woken up. My contract says that no pickups during nap time but I do make exceptions. I have kept kids up and went in and got them up a bit early. I have had parents show up unexpectedly as well. Everyone is super quiet and it has never been an issue although it doesn't happen often.

Yes we all deserve a break but it is just one day and only 30 minutes early.
    Yeah . . . ive made concessions before, which is why i dont do it anymore. i am not blessed with a house full of sound sleepers . . . kids have woken up every time and the rest of the day can be pretty hard as a result.

Whatever, what is done is done and im sticking to my policies. after preggo brain calmed down i relaized that my reasoning isnt unjustified and that break is what I NEED right now in order to function in a house with 6 active babes. any one that has been preggo or had a wife and saw what it does to them should understand that im asking very little in order to keep things as they were before i got knocked up

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cadillac For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I dunno but I don't blame you one bit for standing your ground. When it comes to things like this, you also have to keep in mind that you might be setting a precedent and if you make an exception once, they assume you'll do it again and that is what I do not like. I've had parents want to pick up during naptime even for appointments etc and I kindly remind them that pickup can only be at the latest 12:30 and earliest 2:45 and I've never had a parent question and they plan accordingly. Really how hard would it be to change their plans around a bit they are just going to a cottage. They are being asses plain and simple. That being said, if they show up I fear you have no other choice than to hand over the child but make sure to let them know how unimpressed you are. Good luck

Expansive...
    Good for you!!

What I would do personally is not relevant. You have your reasons and she was disrespectful to you.

Could you push everything back (early lunch/nap) so that you get your full break and everyone is well rested?? Just in case he shows up early?

Happy Friday!!!!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I personally tell parents during the interview about naptime. How I work 10 hour days and that is MY time to clean up, eat, etc. All of them completely understood.
    I also put a note on my door every day at nap saying "Naptime closed between 12-3" and also lock my screen door. I don't have a doorbell.
    I had 1 dad text me last minute ONCE of course on the one day I put his son in another room with another little guy for nap wanting to pick up early as he forgot the son had an appt. He wanted to come at 2:30. I said "Sorry its naptime here and hes' sleeping and its too disruptive to the other children, I will have him ready at the door for 3pm" hasn't happened again.

Outgoing
    why can't the dad pick up at 3pm. Look at it on his end. He doesn't have a house full of kids who are running all day, and nap is important to them and to thier parents too. I would be mad if my child didn't have a good nap because some parent can't wait a half hour. Its not like the cottage is going to go away or dissappear. Now if it was a drs appointment, well I could see not wanting to be late.

but I will 100 percent gaurentee that they say 230pm but show up at 3pm instead.

Expansive...
    Mom told me this morning that Dad would come after three. Dad called and said the same. Mom seemed more at ease this morning (probably because she now has the weekend off! LOL)

They got the point and seem to be respecting the rule

I'llget my nap and so will everyone else

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cadillac For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    cadillac - i think you did the right thing. when my oldest son was in a centre daycare years ago the 'no interuptions during naptime' rule was not flexible and i follow the same policy here.
    as a parent i would be very upset if my child didn't get the benefit of his/her full nap because another parent thought their plans more important.
    obviously some exceptions apply, but in general, a trip to a cottage can be delayed by thirty minutes.
    ps i am almost three months pregnant too and can't wait for the first trimester to be over. i'm so exhausted! i was very, very sick for a few days so i have started taking diclectin which has a side effect of drowsiness so i think i'm getting it two-fold. also, my patience are totally shot... i have a very short fuse these days. when are you telling your clients?