Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    I've come close to terming but never have but I did add a clause into my contract about possible reasons for termination and failure to adjust in a reasonable amount of time was one of them.

I agree with Judy. In most cases (but not all), it is something the parents are doing at home that we are not doing at dc that is causing the child to cry. I have made suggestions to the parents in the past and thankfully they were on board (because they didn't want to be kicked out lol) but if they weren't on board and the crying was going on for longer than a month, I would seriously consider terming. I just hate punishing the child when it's something the parents are clearly doing or not doing.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    I have let a few kids go, over the years, who would not settle in. In fact, between 2012 and 2013 I let three kids go for this reason. It was a bad year for screamers. And, NO, I am not talking about normal transitional crying for a few weeks. I'm referring to SCREAMING for 7 or 8 weeks that got to the point of utter ridiculousness. And for EVERY one of those kids I termed the parents were doing stupid shit at home that was not conducive to setting their child up to be successful in group care.

It is RARELY the kid but the parent that is the problem.
    Judy-I agree that when a child fails to transition it is almost always because they (and we) are having little to no help doing so from their parents! That is one of the reasons I have decided to stick it out: A) this little one naps well B) The parents are great and ready to try whatever I suggest and discuss strategies.
    Last edited by Daycare123; 03-30-2014 at 08:18 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daycare123 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thank you all so much for your support. I have decided to term. Last week the little girl actually seems to regress and the energy in my daycare just got too stressful after almost 6 weeks of crying. I have to consider ALL the children in my care-so this is just the right decision. I will be terming this morning...wish me luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daycare123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Daycare123 View Post
    Thank you all so much for your support. I have decided to term. Last week the little girl actually seems to regress and the energy in my daycare just got too stressful after almost 6 weeks of crying. I have to consider ALL the children in my care-so this is just the right decision. I will be terming this morning...wish me luck
    Good Luck, let us know how the parents respond.

Outgoing
    good luck. You'll notice tha when the screamer leaves how peacful things get

Euphoric !
    good luck!!

Outgoing
    Thanks Everyone! Well, the family took it relatively well, as this was no surprise we had had a meeting prior to this. The mom was a bit short with me but definitely not rude or anything. The child did not stay the day and I have to say that the difference in the energy in the daycare is HUGE! I did the right thing, in my opinion that little one, for whatever reason was not ready for group care. Thanks for all the support, you're all great!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daycare123 For This Useful Post: