Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

How would you handle this

I interviewed a couple last night. Things went well. Mom Dad and child fine with everything. Baby usually plays strange but not with me at all. Mom was impressed with my daycare. I sent a thank you note for coming to see my daycare. They want care in June. This morning I get an email from her. She liked my daycare. Very interested. Glad the baby didn't play strange as he does even with family. Says her father wants her to see another daycare Monday so she will let me know Monday night. I haven't responded yet. I'm wondering if I should send her an email telling her that if she does decide on the other daycare would she let me know why she chose it because I'm always wanting to change things or update my daycare. Maybe this it to forward???? Things are slow here and want two more by August as I have little ones going of to school. Your advice please.

I wouldn't quite put it like that. I understand why you want to know, but it could come across as a bit desperate or that you are second guessing yourself. I would respond with a "please could you give me a call and let me know either way". That way a phone call being much more personal than an email will be an easier way to get the info you want. If she doesn't go with you then she will likely either tell you why she chose the other daycare, or you can much easier ask if she would mind telling you what swayed her choice of other daycare over yours.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree with Bright Sparks. Most likely they will tell you anyways why they chose another daycare over you. That's been my experience anyways.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha33 View Post
    I interviewed a couple last night. Things went well. Mom Dad and child fine with everything. Baby usually plays strange but not with me at all. Mom was impressed with my daycare. I sent a thank you note for coming to see my daycare. They want care in June. This morning I get an email from her. She liked my daycare. Very interested. Glad the baby didn't play strange as he does even with family. Says her father wants her to see another daycare Monday so she will let me know Monday night. I haven't responded yet. I'm wondering if I should send her an email telling her that if she does decide on the other daycare would she let me know why she chose it because I'm always wanting to change things or update my daycare. Maybe this it to forward???? Things are slow here and want two more by August as I have little ones going of to school. Your advice please.
    I would simply ask her to let you know either way. Then when she lets you know, if she went with someone else you can ask why. Asking prior to them choosing someone else just seems like you are unconfident. I've had families come through with their first child and I am the first daycare, I encourage them to look at a few others before deciding. It's the only way they will really know what is best and they will be more confident in the decision they made later on. I'd rather they go elsewhere if they have reason to go elsewhere than to come here and cause issues down the road because it wasn't a good fit.