Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Overwhelmed !!!!

I have been dealing with a lot of extra stress the past 2 weeks ! We were all called to hospital to say our good byes to my mom . Incredibly she pulled through but it is going to be a challenge from now on. She is a marvel though and has been released ! Ptl! But then get a phone call my son has been rushed to er , and I'm back down to the hospital again !!
    They have no clue what's attacking his lungs , in the midst of all this I get two !! Calls from past dcp ( both left under not great circumstances , one I termed as dcm did not want to pay for Christmas Day and Boxing Day and when I said it was in the contract she didn't pay , I'm a month paid in advance so I said if it's not paid we are done and we were done ( no regrets !!) the other one wanted to give me 15 min notice each day if she was coming , she worked pick up shifts , we started out on a schedule and this evolved !!! So every day at 6:45 am I may it may not get a phone call dcg was coming . I had no problem with the arrangement but told her that would be full time rate as I might be used any day , dcm wanted to pay part time as she never knew how many days would actually be used . We disagreed and she went with grandma )
    So both of them have lost their receipts , which I issued and have reissued to one already . One dcm said h& r list her receipts , anyway they want them ASAP !
    I'm trying to be patient , which is not my strongest quality dealing with ADULTS !! But between what's going on and running my dayhome and my own family , I'm just done !!!
    I am complaining !!! I should just get it done to be at least finished with them , but why does everything happen all at once ?? One dcm has just changed her hours ( I said yes , didn't really think just said ok ) and another one has asked to pay late on the 10th !!! ( I looked back on my text and I said , lol yes !) I'm mean I'm not even paying attention !! Ugh
    So I'm letting it out here !! I am OCD when it comes to organizing myself so I am not sure how to fix this !!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Oh my goodness. Hugs to you.

Text/email these parents and tell them you will get their receipts when you are able, that you are dealing with some personal things right now. And leave it at that. Taxes can wait. So can a more detailed explanation.

Send your current parents a note/email/talk and explain that you have personal issues going on, you are unable to accept requests for special at the moment, hours will be talked about at a later date, payment is still due on time, and then leave it.

If they can't understand that, too bad. Carry on. Do what you need to do and let the rest go.

I hope everyone is better soon.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nschildcare For This Useful Post:

Some very good suggestions from nschildcare. Take care of yourself and family first. Everything else is secondary. Your past clients showed no consideration for you in the past. I would dish out the same consideration for them now. Sorry. Family obligations. You will get your receipts when I can get them to you. And leave it at that.

Hugs to you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Thank you !!! I will def use your suggestions !!

Outgoing
    I agree, let everyone know that you're dealing with something, that way they can hopefully take it easier on you and be a little more understanding.

Good luck! Try to take it easy when you can

Starting to feel at home...
    I can completely relate. Went through a series if very stressful situations for a few years in a row, got completely overwhelmed. I'm so sorry you're going through this. One thing I tell myself is life bring on what one can handle and it can only make us stronger. When I felt completely at the end of my rope, I would vent and cry to a friend, try and sleep well and always have a moment of peace during the day. Whether to meditate or just having some mental quite time, time for yourself or have a nice dinner of with a girlfriend or S.O.

Good luck and stay strong. I really hope your son and mom are ok and get better soon. Stay stong.