I interviewed a teacher in the beginning of January. I felt really good about her, even though she did most of the talking. After an hour I still hadn't gone thru the handbook and she was ready to leave. The same week friday I had her 1 year old boy for an hour. We had decided this because she did not bring him to the interview and I wanted to see how he was. I didn't get much of an outcome because he was crying and cranky. I found out at pick up that she brought him during his morning nap time. She would let me know soon after what she had decided.

More than two weeks had gone by and I decided to email her since she still had not given me a response. She answered that she was still in the process of deciding. About 4 weeks later she emails me asking if the spot is still available. At that point I told her that I had had some interviews and if any one would be interested, she would loose it. The following morning I get a very early email from her that she wanted the spot and that she would come by to pick up forms and handbook, also requesting a police check. What next?

She emails me once again, all this information about her son; eating habits, sleep patterns, anything you can think of. She also tells me that she would start work in mid-april and she would like to bring her son in march, a few days a week to make the transition simple. I agreed and decided on the dates. Never happened!

Her excuse was she wanted to help her son make the transition from 2 naps to 1 if we could start a few weeks later, than planned. By now I told her to let me know when she was ready and we would take it from there. She still needed to bring all forms and a deposit.

I only hear from her today that she will not be needing my services for now. That mother in law has kindly taken 2 months off to help her during the time she goes back to work !!

WHAT ?? ( to be honest, my gut had a feeling, something was up, but I am still annoyed )