Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaKDT View Post
    Great! Do you want some links to website I found that explained how to do it? Or can you find it yourself?

I washed my hair last night with shampoo, so I am going "cold turkey" as of now! I will only rinse my hair with water and I still need to figure out the baking soda and vinegar stuff.
    Count me in. I washed this morning.

Outgoing
    I find I usually go about 8 days before washing, and even then it's not that bad. But my problem is how to make it look nice when I don't want to wear it up in a ponytail. I don't use any styling product, but it looks so nice and curly after I wash it. It gets limp and boring after about 3 days.

Outgoing
    also wash only every other day. There was an article about a lady who didn't wash her hair for a long time. Unless it made my grey hair dissappear, I won't do it. And my head also gets itchy too. Now, I don't use styling products, and don't wear make up, thats way too much work lol!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yeah, my scalp will get really itchy if I leave it more than 2 days. But even worse than that is the smell. I cannot STAND the smell of oily hair...plech... I'd have to change my pillow case every night.

But yeah, if it made grey hair disappear, I'd probably suck it up.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Yeah, my scalp will get really itchy if I leave it more than 2 days. But even worse than that is the smell. I cannot STAND the smell of oily hair...plech... I'd have to change my pillow case every night.

But yeah, if it made grey hair disappear, I'd probably suck it up.
    It isn't that you don't ever wash your hair, you just stop washing with shampoo. After your hair adjusts itself in terms of how much oil your scalp produces then your hair is no longer greasy, it looks and smells like nice clean hair. The baking soda and vinegar can help has a cleaner and conditioner too.

from what I have read, it wasn't until around the 60s or 70s that people washed their hair as much as we do now. It was normal to wash hair once a week, or even only once a month. Like I had originally posted, I only wash my girls' hair with shampoo once a month and you would never know.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Interesting topic. I for one just don't think I could ever do this. My hair/skin is very greasy. I wash my hair daily and I feel absolutely disgusting if I don't. And the only reason I never would is because I don't have water to wash it.

Good for you ladies but this is certainly something I could never do.

Please, Please read this prior to going "No Poo". I am a natural living person and make many things for my family- but this is not a good thing to do to your hair!!!!! I tried it- it can ruin your hair. I have chosen to purchase a quality organic shampoo. I save so much money making everything else, I don't mind the extra $$ on shampoo http://empoweredsustenance.com/no-po...-damages-hair/

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaKDT View Post
    Great! Do you want some links to website I found that explained how to do it? Or can you find it yourself?

I washed my hair last night with shampoo, so I am going "cold turkey" as of now! I will only rinse my hair with water and I still need to figure out the baking soda and vinegar stuff.
    I've looked it up quite a bit so next time I get to the store I'll find some acv and start too... Hopefully will not look like a grease ball!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyFarm View Post
    Please, Please read this prior to going "No Poo". I am a natural living person and make many things for my family- but this is not a good thing to do to your hair!!!!! I tried it- it can ruin your hair. I have chosen to purchase a quality organic shampoo. I save so much money making everything else, I don't mind the extra $$ on shampoo http://empoweredsustenance.com/no-po...-damages-hair/
    I guess I'll just have to see what happens. I have done lots of reading on it and apparently if you are using too much baking soda or are using it too often than you are not going to have good results.

Thanks for posting your article link, I like to know as much as I can about a topic that is of interest to me.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by AcornsFalling View Post
    I've looked it up quite a bit so next time I get to the store I'll find some acv and start too... Hopefully will not look like a grease ball!
    I just rinsed my hair with water only tonight and put a bit of coconut oil at the ends. I also bought a boar hair brush because it is supposed to be good for distributing oil throughout your hair. I've taken the plunge! My plan is to not use the baking soda and vinegar until the weekend. I guess we will see!