Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Starting to feel at home...
    Alright no - pooers.....

I haven't washed but have been rinsing my hair with just water in the shower every morning. It looks fine, not greasy, but my hubby says it stinks

Any suggestions on that? How is everyone else doing?

Euphoric !
    I don't know if this would help but if my roots are a little greasy and I don't have time to wash it, I will put a bit of baby powder on them. The grease disappears and my hair smells good lol.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by nschildcare View Post
    Alright no - pooers.....

I haven't washed but have been rinsing my hair with just water in the shower every morning. It looks fine, not greasy, but my hubby says it stinks

Any suggestions on that? How is everyone else doing?
    Are you giving your scalp a good scrub when you rinse it? Also, apparently you can put essential oils or rose water on afterwards to give a nice smell.

I have also been giving my hair a good brushing twice a day with a boar bristle brush to help the oils distribute through my hair.

I haven't washed my hair since Monday and have done a water rinse only once and my hair doesn't seem to smell at all.

This morning I did a dry shampoo with a mixture of cornstarch, a bit of baking soda and some cocoa powder (to colour it brown so it wouldn't make my hair look white). It helps with absorbing some oil since it was looking abit greasy.
    Last edited by AmandaKDT; 03-27-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by AcornsFalling View Post
    I'm interested too... I'll join!
    Washed my hair for the first time with baking soda and apple cider vinegar and it worked well. It doesn't feel the same as if washed with shampoo, but it feels like it was cleaned.

I used one cup water to 1 tbsp baking soda and 1 cup water to 1 tbsp AC vinegar. I put each in a squeeze bottle.

I washed with just water last night and my scalp feels less itchy but hair is pretty greasy looking.

I'm going to try the baking soda /acv tonight.

It's a head scarf kind of day :-P

. Hey ladies, I have been following this thread and was wondering if anyone had an update on how it was going. Good hair day or no?

Expansive...
    So it will be 3 weeks this Sunday since I last washed my hair with commercial shampoo and conditioner and it is going well. I am still transitioning and trying to get my hair used to going longer without washing, so I wash with the baking soda and ACV every 4 days. On the 3rd day it starts getting greasy so I either use homemade dry shampoo (corn starch brushed on with an old blush brush) or I wear a hat. I brush it twice a day with my boar hair brush and I am not itchy and my hair doesn't smell.

I am finding that my hair has more body and that it has more wave to it, usually it goes pretty flat after the first day of washing but not anymore. The baking soda and ACV isn't drying out my hair at all, it is actually less staticy.

I am using 1 tbsp of baking soda in 1 cup of water, and 2 tbsp ACV in 1 cup of water.

How are others doing?