Bright Sparks's post about nutrition and organic foods has me thinking about what else I can do that is natural. I am feeling inspired! LOL! I consider myself mildly "crunchy" and always willing to try new things, especially I find it to be healthier or better for the environment.

I am considering doing 'no poo' for my hair, where I would permanently give up using shampoo and conditioner. I already sort of do this for my daughter's hair, they are half black and I only wash their hair with shampoo once a month and otherwise I only "wash" it with conditioner once a week. Even though I do this for their hair, I hadn't considered it possible for mine as it feels greasy after two days (where as my daughters' hair is NEVER greasy). But from what I have read, the use of commercially produced shampoos has trained our hair to produce excess oils and that is why it is getting greasy after only a day or two.

I don't know if anyone out there has ever tried this, or if someone might want to try it along with me (we could be online support to each other through the greasy haired "transition" days).

It might also be a budget friendly cost saving idea as you would no longer have to buy expensive hair products. Apparently you can just use baking soda and vinegar a couple times a month.

I don't know, I think I might give it a try. I think it will definitely be hard to get through the greasy hair stage, as I get very self conscious if I feel my hair is greasy. But perhaps I can persevere! LOL