Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Thanks Bright Sparks! I'm proud of my daycare space and always get lots of compliments on it. However, since I'm in it everyday I don't always think it's as great as it could be lol.

You would be surprised though....it's not a large area! It is the whole basement but I think just under 900sq ft. Our basement is set up like a suite so it has a full kitchen and bathroom, living room (turned dc playroom), bedroom (turned dc naproom/storage/extra playroom) and a laundry room that is also daycare storage and also two large closets and space under the stairs which come in handy. I would LOVE if the kitchen and bathroom were smaller and the play room was bigger. I am very organized and am constantly re-arranging the storage areas to make the play space as big as possible so that they have lots of room to play. I was able to remove some playpens and put in folding cots so I turned the nap room into a mini play area that we can go and do the trampoline, trains and sensory table. It has really helped and made me feel like the dc is bigger than what it really is haha.

Expansive...
    Sounds great !!! I'm envious of the kitchen downstairs !!!! I have downstairs dayhome too !! I have abit under 1200 sq ft . Almost all floored with those colourful matts !!! My dd loved to do things instead of play so we have an indoor playground lol !! They love the climb on fort with slide , a cube with slide and play area under it , fisher price carousel ( it sits two kids and spins ) play house , slide into ball pit !!! So there's lots to do to move around !!! We also have shelves with fisher price zoo , race track ect ! There's a train table and room for chalk and push cars !!
    Ikea kitchen set up like a little house ! I also do not like toys that do all of the interacting !!! But do not mind toys that make noise !
    I love my dayhome space !!! It's not overly crowded ! Has lots of room to run and I get a lot if good feedbacks from parents !!
    I wish I could see some of the ones described !!! They sound so much fun !! Sometimes I look on kijiji just to check other dayhome pics of their playrooms !!!

Euphoric !
    secondtimearound...i sn't it funny how we usually want what we don't have!! I am envious of your room and being able to have the climbers and slides!! I used to have an indoor slide (just a small one) but found it took up too much room so it's now outdoors.

I do really like having a full kitchen down there but it could be a bit smaller. We spend much more time in the playroom than the kitchen so I wish the playroom was bigger. I also start and end my day with one or two kids upstairs, which they love!! I only have a few toys upstairs but for some reason they are always asking when we can go upstairs and some will cry and fuss if they get picked up early! haha