Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Letter requesting meeting with parents to discuss behavioural issues

Hey everyone! I'm new to this website and forum but am happy to be here!

I have been having some issues with a child and my day care coordinator (I'm in the process of getting licensed) has suggested I ask to meet with the parents without their child present to discuss things in person.

I plan to ask the parents to meet when the child is picked up today, but I also want to provide them with a letter, so the request to meet is formal. Could you please give me your advice and let me know what you think of the letter? I'm not planning on terminating the child's care, but there are things that need to be discussed, so I want it to sound serious but not intimidating -- professional yet kind. Here is what I have so far:

Dear Parents:

I am writing to request a parent-child care provider meeting with you both sometime this week or next week at the latest. The meeting will be between you both and me, and I ask that you find arrangements for (child) so we can meet just as adults.
    I don’t wish to alarm you – I would simply like us all to meet together to talk about some issues that (child) has been having at day care. I feel like communication face to face is the best way we can work through this so that everyone feels respected and heard while maintaining a professional, calm environment.
    My code of conduct, that I am required to have as part of the day care licensing process, states “Parents are asked to refrain from text messaging me or e-mailing me (except in special circumstances agreed upon previously between parents and me) about child care, and instead will call my cell phone – if I am not available to answer, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I, in turn, will limit my communication with you to phone calls and face to face interactions.”
    I would prefer to meet after day care hours, sometime between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. The meeting should not run more than half an hour to forty-five minutes long. Please let me know a time that will work for both of you and get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you for your co-operation,
    My name

Thanks everyone for your advice!

Euphoric !
    I personally find it wordy and confusing. I would simplify it which can still sound professional.

Basically you just need to say that you would like to have a meeting with the parents without their child present to discuss some ongoing behaioural concerns sometime this week. I would add something about this meeting is a way to discuss the concerns in a collaborative way to explore strategies they perhaps use at home with their child.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I think so too !! I would just say , could we please meet at your earliest convenience to discuss some behavioural issues that are occurring in my dayhome . Short and sweet lol !!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I really appreciate it. I cut it down a lot and made it simpler.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SevenwatersDaughter For This Useful Post: