Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Bad experience please help me parents are not paying me after more than month

[SIZE="6Hi daycare providers,
    "]I am doing daycare since 7 yrs but never had this experience.One of the parent she dropped her kids for baby sitting at my place, at the end of the week I asked her about payment (because I take payments every Friday and if parents want they can make biweekly), she said oh you did not babysit them for week.I said ok give my payment next week she said ok. Then next week comes and she said Friday I said ok. Then she said I pay weekly to full time and biweekly to part time.
    Then Friday comes and she has to go for the hospital( she is pregnant) she was having some contractions, I felt bad and I did not ask for money I cared for kids morning till 11 pm, she said doctors said there is something wrong.Next day she again came she said I want babysitting today( it was weekend) I did babysitting for 6 hours. In between she called and I asked her are you going to pay me today she said yes, then she came to pick up the kids and I asked her about payment, can you guys believe what she said hey I just got from hospital,I felt embarrassed and I said nothing
    Fourth week comes she said oh I want to invite your family on my party I said ok I will ask my kids and she said I have something for you its kind of multipurpose gel I was quiet and she said I am gonna make you payment today or tommorrow and she never even gave that gel too, i need babysitting today I said ok then again 2 days passed.I called her and she said do you know it is 10 o' clock of night I said yes, I babysit your kids till 11 pm and 10 pm, ok can I help you? I said pay my money.she said I will when I will get paid.
    Can anyone tell who got paid after month if they have their own business(according to her)
    So the problem is that does anyone know what can I do in this whole situation.
    The most frustrating thing in all these circumstances was, one of extended family member passed away and I cared for her kids I did not go to my other job and what I got nothing, Is this a time to do favor to anyone?
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Mrs Ahmed; 03-27-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    mrs carer

Expansive...
    Honestly....my only advice is to stop saying yes. This lady has found someone who looks after her kids for free!!!! Why would she pay you, you keep doing it for free!

Do not open your door for these people. Enough. You never look after those kids again.

Find new families to work with.

ALWAYS GET PAID IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Stop providing care until you receive payment

5. The Following User Says Thank You to giraffe For This Useful Post:

Looking back at some of your older posts it seems that you have had a history of people taking advantage of you and I was wondering if you have a contract? Is this something you are doing as a business or for extra money? I ask this as you mention another job. I think if you took some time to write up a contract and list of policies and took a deposit from families and had them sign your contract they would stick with the rules more and your business would run much better. In addition always take fees in advance. There are lots of members who can help you with this process.

No pay no care. If someone does not pay on Friday in advance they will have to pay $30/day for late payment fees. If they still show up on Monday without payment and no late fees I do not take the kid. Don't work for free EVER, I do not care about the reasons. Bright Sparks is right, you should have a contract in place.

Shy
    thanks but can you give any idea where I have to report. I was also wondering if some one could help to print some contract.
    mrs carer

Shy
    But what if she does not pay me she owes me more then 800$?
    mrs carer

Shy
    if she is not paying after a month how would she pay me later.
    mrs carer

Shy
    I think after so many painful experiences and when this time my husband said stop doing favors to ppl who never care you, I think I have learned something.
    mrs carer

Euphoric !
    If you don't have a contract, this may be a very expensive lesson to learn. Stop care immediately until she pays in full, get a contract written up and make sure all clients read and sign it before care is given. Always get paid in advance!

Good luck!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: