So as part of my 'big rant' yesterday I referred to the 3 yo DCK I have who is major high energy, doesn't stop talking or singing or making noises all day, runs instead of walks, etc.
He has been ready(IMO) for months to be potty trained but I insisted that the parents keep him home and put in a consistent effort for 4-5 days before he could wear underwear. I stated that he had to be accident-free for at least 3 days before we could try at daycare.
Well, the first week was perfect - no accidents but also no pooping. At all. The child has a history of holding in his poop, creating impacted stool and I knew it would be an issue when we switched to underwear. he second week he pooped and/or peed in his pants every single day. We are on to week three now and it's the same, if not worse.
I am at a total loss as to what to do? I suggested yesterday that mom take him to the doctor to seek advice as I suspect his stool is impacted and he has no sense of when he has to go. She half-heartedly agreed and said, 'oh he'll get there'. Easy to say when you aren't the one cleaning up the mess every day.
I really think he is ready to be potty trained and want to help the family achieve this as much as possible but I'm at the end of my rope. I actually really raised my voice today because I asked him every 10 minutes or so if he had to go to the washroom and he said no. Next thing I know I smell poop and sure enough there it is.
UGH!!!
I am hesitant to put him back in diapers because he is totally ready but I really need the parents to step it up here.
Yesterday he peed in his pants before 8:30, pooped in his pants by 9:30, and then 5 minutes after we were outside he pooped in his pants again.
When I told mom she said, 'oh yeah, i put a diaper on him when we go outside."
I'm SO FED UP!!!