Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

EI premiums for self-employed

For those who pay into the program - when does EI determine your premiums and how do they notify you?
    I read that you have to pay by April 30 but I haven't submitted my taxes yet so not sure how that works..

Euphoric !
    they add it onto your taxes when you file yearly. I paid approx. $250 this year towards my EI. My accountant included it with my tax stuff so I knew the total and didn't have to wait for the info from CRA.

Outgoing
    Thanks mickeyc! So the total is included on your income tax but you send a separate cheque to EI? Just want to make sure I pay on time so there are no glitches when I need to use EI.

Euphoric !
    no they add it onto what you owe for taxes, just like your cpp. you pay it with your taxes all on the same payment.

Euphoric !
    I did my taxes with my accountant. She told me how much I would owe but that when she efiled my claim, the gov't would send out the official "bill" I owed and the EI would be added to that. I just received my bill yesterday and I had to pay $300 for EI which they stated on the top half of the page where they have notes about your claim and such plus the amount that I knew I already needed to pay.