Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facebook Page

Starting to feel at home...

Facebook Page

To those whom have a facebook page dedicated strictly to daycare, how did you go abouts doing it? I am thinking of creating a secret group so only the families have access to the page. But does this mean that I need to add the parent of each family to my personal page in order to add them to the daycare page?

Do you find the parents appreciate the page? Or have you just wasted your time? How often do you post? Do you use it just for pictures or do you use it for updates and friendly reminders as well?

Outgoing
    I would love to know about this also!

Hello. I honestly don't know how you would create Facebook group other than to link them to your personal account (this is what I have; it's secret as well). I suppose you could create an additional Facebook account for yourself and create the group through that?
    Each of my parents (& grandparents and aunts and uncles!) love it! They all check it all throughout the day. I particularly like it for when a little one has had a rough morning drop off or just is a little off...the parents can be relieved by seeing the child is happy and playing.
    I even sign on new families (that have submitted signed contracts, of course); this gets them familiar with the other families and the daycare flow.
    I post daily; little picture snapshots of their day and little funny happenings.
    Monthly; I post a newsletter.
    My Facebook page has completely replaced all the print material that I used to send home.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Oh to add, I, of course, get written approval from all families before I begin to post any pictures of their children...even though it's a 'secret' group and no one else can view any content.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I have a facebook page. I set it up as a business page so it is linked to my own facebook page but nothing from my page can be visible from the daycare page. It is open to everyone however and people can "Like" it to follow it. I do not post any photos of children or names etc. I only post info such as spots open, days closed. I also take photos of all of our arts/crafts (without a child's name on it) and post it. I do not "friend" parents to my personal daycare page.

my page is secret and I had to "friend" the parents but I just set them up as acquaintances so they don't see all the personal stuff I post to my own page. Not that it bothers me too much, I'm not afraid of them seeing my stuff. The parents love to see the pics of their kids and I write my daily menu there and any memos I have to do I just post to the page.

I am glad to know that I am not the only one doing this! I also have a page that is linked to my own Facebook. Some parents love it, others do nothing. I think it is a great tool that parents can see how their children do at daycare. How do you make it private though? Parents can see both my pages, personal and daycare, but I would like to change that.

you can change individuals to acquaintances under settings and privacy. then set all future posts to be viewed by friends only and not acquaintances. They can still see the old posts but nothing new besides your likes will pop up for them