Hi, I have a dcg who is just 2, she has been here since she was 8months old, she has always been quite dramatic, but since Christmas she has started throwing the worst tantrums I have ever come across. Anything sets her off, taking off sweater as she is too hot, stopping her from doing dangerous things, another child coming near her when she is playing, anything!! Once she starts she can scream at the top of her lungs for up to an hour, and I mean scream I have never heard anything like it.

So when we are at home she gets sent to the crib for a tantrum, and left until she has finished, her parents do this and asked me to do it too. However she has now started pointing to go upstairs when she starts tantruming, so I feel this may not be working.

My main problem is when we are out, I can't send her to the crib, so I take one of the smaller babies from the stroller and strap her in, but this means that she has the tantrum in public (remember hour long screaming). Plus one baby is still in the stroller next to the screaming and thrashing about.

I really would love some suggestions as to what I can do, as i am all out of ideas.