Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expansive...
    I don't need my dayhome money , it's nice ! Provides me with lots of nice extras , yup nails done doesn't mean I am not taking this serious or do not put in just as much effort ! I'm not going to argue for the sake of an argument , I think great advice has been given . I do not charge a late fee , I make up my own mind if I'm willing to accept a late payment . If I am lenient that's my decision , if I decide I don't want to put up with it , it's in my contract to consider their enrolment in my dayhome over . I have a waiting list ( if I don't at the time I don't let them know )and have no problem moving on to the next family .

Quote Originally Posted by Secondtimearound View Post
    I don't need my dayhome money , it's nice ! Provides me with lots of nice extras , yup nails done doesn't mean I am not taking this serious or do not put in just as much effort ! I'm not going to argue for the sake of an argument , I think great advice has been given . I do not charge a late fee , I make up my own mind if I'm willing to accept a late payment . If I am lenient that's my decision , if I decide I don't want to put up with it , it's in my contract to consider their enrolment in my dayhome over . I have a waiting list ( if I don't at the time I don't let them know )and have no problem moving on to the next family .
    Just to clarify, I was aiming my particular comment at those people who flaunt that they do not do this job for the money, not providers who do not rely on their income to pay the bills as they are able to live off their spouses income in terms of paying bills. As far as arguing goes, nobody was arguing so there is no argument to be had, I can only assume that you took my comments the wrong way. I was making a generalization of the people who rub it in others faces constantly that they don't need the job and take a lax attitude towards the whole thing....those people who are just being uppity, they exist in every industry. It wasn't actually meant to be interpreted as though there is actually something wrong with spending your income anyway you please, including having your nails done.

Starting to feel at home...
    I prefer EMT too, but this particular client can't because she banks through a credit union (ugh CUs are so annoying and really not helpful, not sure why anyone prefers them to a real adult grown up bank... just my rant, sorry I am PMSing lol!)

Also, I will TOTALLY be upping my late fee, I'd no idea that it was too low. Five dollars to me is five dollars, and it all counts... not that I'm broke but I am frugal and know that it all adds up! But I guess for some people that's not incentive enough.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SevenwatersDaughter For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I guess I did !! Maybe my own issue !! Had a very similar discussion last weekend with someone maybe just too touchy !!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenwatersDaughter View Post
    I prefer EMT too, but this particular client can't because she banks through a credit union (ugh CUs are so annoying and really not helpful, not sure why anyone prefers them to a real adult grown up bank... just my rant, sorry I am PMSing lol!)
    HEY!! I bank at a CU and I'm a grown up!! (just teasing ya...I know you were kidding. Or at least half kidding LOL )

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    HEY!! I bank at a CU and I'm a grown up!! (just teasing ya...I know you were kidding. Or at least half kidding LOL )
    I was totally kidding, just annoyed ha ha. And I never knew about Credit Unions where I grew up lol! I wish she could to EMT though :P

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenwatersDaughter View Post
    I was totally kidding, just annoyed ha ha. And I never knew about Credit Unions where I grew up lol! I wish she could to EMT though :P
    I actually have always used a CU. I was always under the impression that they typically have better rates but I'm not positive. Is it just her CU that doesn't accept EMT? I had a previous client who asked if I did EMT and I'm pretty sure she was at a CU.

I'm sure with an increased late fee that this issue will stop though! Good luck (just noticed that your a fellow Manitobian...welcome !)

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I actually have always used a CU. I was always under the impression that they typically have better rates but I'm not positive. Is it just her CU that doesn't accept EMT? I had a previous client who asked if I did EMT and I'm pretty sure she was at a CU.

I'm sure with an increased late fee that this issue will stop though! Good luck (just noticed that your a fellow Manitobian...welcome !)
    I should check with her again. She's my friend but she's kind of a scatterbrain lol. She is still banking with a bank from a town she hasn't lived in for over 10 years.

Is it too much for me to say that I will only accept EMT? If I put that into my contract?

Euphoric !
    If you know where she banks, I would just call the CU myself and ask.

I personally love online banking and paying my bills from home but I haven't made the change to EMT yet. If CU's don't do them than I'm outta luck anyways and so would a lot of other parents be if that is where they only bank. I actually prefer cash but I have parents who all pay by cheque now. Maybe I should look into this EMT...haha