Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taxes

Euphoric !

Taxes

Muddling my way through my receipts and I have a couple questions. Things like a receipt from an orchard where we did PYO, does this go into my grocery total (the receipt is for apples and a pie), how about when I bought all the kids pizza?

Thanks...more questions to come I am sure

Euphoric !
    I claim 50% of groceries and than I claim 100% for toys/supplies...this includes any toys/supplies that I have bought for daycare only. I don't know what PYO means but I would think you could claim 100% both for the apple/pies and for the pizza. These are things you wouldn't have bought unless you had a daycare right?

Euphoric !
    I can claim them 100% as they were all food for the daycare...just wasn't sure if they go under the grocery category or if this is considered a field trip expense??

FYI- PYO= pick your own

Euphoric !
    I claim all my groceries at 100% as I purchase them separately from my home groceries (have a separate daycare space with a fridge)

Euphoric !
    I would put them under field trip expense if it was me.

I used to do the same for groceries as you but have switched ways this year.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I separate things differently. I have my grocery totals that are 50% and then my other category is for everything else that is 100% - it can be groceries, field trips, office supplies etc, doesn't matter.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    When we did pick your own, I included it as groceries. I'd use 100% of it

Same with pizza (as long as it was just the dcks eating it - if you bought enough for the whole fam maybe not).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cuteboys For This Useful Post:

Food of any kind is groceries regardless of whether it is consumed onsite or not. Groceries as an expense reflects the cost to feed the children. Field trips would be for entry fees, and none food products purchased while on the trip. I hope this helps

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Food purchased for a special event or activity such as baking and decorating easter cookies can go down wherever you want it. When you look at the form it all gets lumped under supplies. Just remember that what is used for an experience is 100% deductible whereas you can only deduct 100% of the daycare portion of a full grocery bill so in many cases it is only half the bill family and half daycare. Sounds confusing as in it is 50% of the total bill but is 100% of the amount of food served to the daycare.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    It is always 100% for DCK's as I always separate the purchase and will have 2 receipts. Thanks!