Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Question about older children

A mom just called me for before and after school for her 11yo girl. At the beginning I was not sure about it and I told her that I only have kids under 3yo currently and that the girl would be bored since all the activities are focused on younger children here. She almost begged me to consider her and she also told me the girl is very well behaved and know how to entertain herself and that she would be doing her stuff, like homework in the afternoon. We set a meeting on Monday so I can meet the girl outside daycare hours and if everything looks ok I would like to set another meeting during daycare hours and see how is she with the others

I still have some doubts about it:
    1. I have never have a kid that old under my care, for the ones who have could you let me know some pros and cons

2. I already have enrolled 5 kids, so I am at full capacity (in Ontario). However, I think I saw somewhere that kids over 10 years old don't count in the numbers. I could not find an official statement from a government website about it. Do any of you have any official source stating this that you can share?

If everything looks ok with the girl and it's still legal to have her on top of the other 5 it would be great since it would be nice to have older children enrolled in case of Bill 143 becomes a law with its current age restrictions.
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 04-06-2014 at 05:37 PM.