Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Do you feel like you spend more time training the parents than the kids?

Do you guys ever feel this way? I'm pretty good at standing my ground when it comes to my policies and the way I run things in general. But good golly, that means I am CONSTANTLY being questioned on why I can't "just" do something, (stay open later, serve a special food that the rest of the kids don't get, let a two year old stay awake through nap time... etc).

Sometimes I feel like the parents are more work than the children

I've got a lot going on in my personal life right now, and I mean A LOT. While I do my job and do my best to not let my personal life affect it, I'm like any of the rest of us when there is a lot going on: exhausted. The constant grooming of the parents and explaining of the way I do things is adding to that.

Euphoric !
    I was sorta feeling this way with an old group of parents. I introduced a monthly newsletter and added a "reminder" section to it. This is where I address any concerns....make drop off's quick, payment is due in the morning, appropriate clothes need to be worn or sent to daycare everyday, don't do this, don't do that lol kinda thing. It helped a lot and now I rarely have to put a reminder in there. (I also pretty much have a new group though)

It would help with some but not all of your problems. I would put reminders like "every child must nap for xxx amount of time before they are allowed to get up and do quiet activities", "I am closed at xxx time. I have a family and commitments myself so I am not able to stay open longer and the late fee will be charged", "all meals are the same here, I am not a short order cook" (you could make that one nicer haha)

Good luck!! Don't wear yourself out to the breaking point!