Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Special day tomorrow! Suggestions?

I am hoping I can get some ideas for our day tomorrow.
    It is a DCG's 4th birthday as well as a DCB's last day. (Also 4)
    I bought a few items already and have a rough idea on lunch and other activities for the day, but am open for some new suggestions as well.
    The age group for tomorrow is as follows: 4 yo girl, 4 yo boy, 3 yo girl, 18 mo boy, 18 mo girl.
    Thanks ladies!!

For lunch maybe once a month I make english muffin pizzas. When I worked with school-agers, we had the kids put their toppings on.

I personally don't do anything but sing happy birthday to the kid and give them a happy birthday certificate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Play and Learn For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Where do you get those certificates? I like the english muffin pizza idea. Thanks!

Euphoric !
    We usually do birthday cookies instead of cupcakes since mine are younger. I make a basic sugar cookie recipe and bake them. They then get a little plate with things on it and a cookie which I glaze (icing sugar and milk) and then they can put the toppings on and eat the cookie or eat the cookie and the toppings separate or for this occassion just eat the toppings for all I care. Toppings are things like a few chocolate chips, some coloured sprinkles, small mini m&ms, etc.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Just do fun stuff like have dessert for breakie and lunch for snack, and snack for lunch! The kids are so used to routine that they will think it's a scream!

Also turn on some fun music and dance! Let the kids pick there partners (we ususally use stuffies as our partners)

Dress up and go outside and tell the kids they are the parade, make fun instruments for craft, like a maraca and let then parade up and down the street!

http://crafts.kaboose.com/maracas.html

Have a great day

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post: