Hi everyone!

One of my DCK is 2 and a half years old. Her mom has just started potty training her at home and been committed to it for about a week. She says her daughter will go on the potty at home no problem, and that she wants me to start putting her daughter on the potty here too.

To me it's no problem to potty train a child, I'm just about done potty training my own daughter, who is going to be three in August.

This one DCG wants nothing to do with the potty though. I ask her all the time if she'd like to sit on the potty, and she always shakes her head and says no (she doesn't say many words -- this could be due to the fact that mostly Spanish is spoken at home). I tell her that I will give her one of the Barbie tattoos her mom dropped off for her if she goes on the potty, but she is still in no way interested.

I know that this is a sensitive DCG and if I try to force her to sit on the potty she will cry, and I don't want to force it, you know?

Yesterday her mom asked how she did on the potty and I was totally honest, I said she wouldn't go on it at all. She wants me to keep trying though.

Any suggestions as to how to make going potty more desirable for this sweetie? Thanks everyone!