Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lunch drama

Euphoric !
    I think you are asking if you should let them eat the fruits and veggies before the main lunch item...I would sya yes! I would rather have them eating the fruits and veggies than probably anything else since it is probably the only time in the day that they get fruits or veggies by the sounds of it. Can you serve the fruits and veggies for morning snack and then main lunch item at lunch? I feel so sad when I hear of kids eating like this...it truly is setting them up for countless health problems But, you are fighting an uphill battle as the parents are obviously not on board with healthy eating.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    I think you are asking if you should let them eat the fruits and veggies before the main lunch item...I would sya yes! I would rather have them eating the fruits and veggies than probably anything else since it is probably the only time in the day that they get fruits or veggies by the sounds of it. Can you serve the fruits and veggies for morning snack and then main lunch item at lunch? I feel so sad when I hear of kids eating like this...it truly is setting them up for countless health problems But, you are fighting an uphill battle as the parents are obviously not on board with healthy eating.
    I do this too, serve the fruit and veggies at snacks and serve whatever is the main meal at lunch time. I pick my battles with the food that gets sent, if they have alphagetti for lunch then fine, but I don't let them have the Oreos.