Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Lol I'm a meanie too then! We have a few clean up times. It drives me crazy to see toys on the floor that no one is playing with. I find that is how toys get broken or kids get hurt because they are tripping over things. I don't mind a mess if they are actually playing with the toys but I like to teach them that we put things away when we are finished because I find clean up easier that way. I also find it teaches them to respect and take care of things.

I get the point of having things out so the novelty wears off but I actually like the novelty. I find kids get bored and when I notice that, I do a toy swap. To them it's like brand new toys and I don't have to buy as many new toys! ( not like I don't tho, I'm always buying new things...it's bad! Lol) I have a yearly garage sale though and sell the things they are no longer interested in or have outgrown.

Euphoric !
    I am like mickeyc, I have a couple of carts, strollers, ride-ons out all the time. Kids love to put things in the cart just like going shopping. I let them do it as long as they are not taking something that someone else was playing with. For the most part, they don't fight over the carts...they are used to having them out. I let them make a mess as long as it doesn't get to the point of being dangerous. I don't want to control their play or stifle their imaginations, so as long as they are not breaking things, throwing things, or stealing toys from others, I don't mind what they do with the toys.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    While not trying to stifle creativity I also instituted some rules many years back when I had kids that would use a toy for something else just because they knew a child liked that toy such as all the farm animals for soup. Now I have things grouped and you may mix and match within that area so blocks, animals, cars don't leave that area but zoo animals can be in the farm or castle or truck if desired. Likewise the shopping cart stays in the house area and you can put anything in it or choose anything from the bins there to be soup but it has to come from that area. A lot less being mean just to be mean for sure. Also makes putting away much faster.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I have 2 carts and they are always filled. Actually I have even found a couple of kids climbing in them lol.