Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    My newest boy took about 3 weeks. He has been with me now since February and still cries often. He was home for a week sick and when he came back it was a huge adjustment all over again. Today he cried for a bit when mom left. He hasn't done that for awhile. He then cried for the whole time we were outside. That drives me crazy! LOL He then cried off and on during the day. He slept the full nap time thank goodness!

I did terminate one boy once after 3 days. I just couldn't stand his scream, he wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep etc. So on day 3 I told mom it wasn't going to work.

Do what is best for you and your whole group.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Daycare mom....I have to say that even tho this child cried 24/7 for 2 weeks, when it came to his arm, he was a trooper! It was in a cast and then his parents put it in a sling as well for the first couple weeks. He didn't show any signs of discomfort but I'm sure some of the crying was due to pain. I'm not sure if they gave him anything for pain but I know I didn't. He was just over a year old. He eventually didn't wear the sling and when he played you wouldn't even known he had a cast on. I told the kids xxx had a boo boo and that we couldn't touch his arm. They were all fantastic and never bothered him.

For nap, he still slept on his stomach with his bum in the air. His arm never seemed to bother him!! We even went outside and he would play a bit.
    Thanks for the info 5LM, mom phoned again last night to tell me that they weren't going to put her arm in a hard cast until next week and I told her that I wouldn't be comfortable for dcg to come with a soft cast due to possible further injury to her arm.
    Now I'm just not sure if I should give her a discount since dcg won't be here for over 2 weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Having had such a good experience with this child and his cast, for any future scenarios I would likely allow the parents to decide if they felt comfortable sending their child or not. I can only have 4 kids so my group is smaller and easier to supervise so that they aren't playing rough with the child in a cast so for the most part I am not worried about the child hurting themselves more here. I also don't mind altering my schedule for things like this so I am pretty accommodating and would do what I could to make it work.

If I asked a parent to keep their child home for something like this, due to my own fear of further injury, I would likely not charge them for the days. That is just how I would do it though, I can understand why some providers would still charge though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    The mom actually volunteered to keep her home and have grandma help out. I don't think it's an issue for her to take time off either.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    That's awesome! Glad it worked out for you and the parent/child.