Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Almost Friday....How's your week been?

The sun is shining, the snow is melting, the days are getting warmer......I think Spring has finally decided to grace us with her presence!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Tomorrow is Friday and I just wanted to know how everyone's week has gone?? I really can't complain....it's been a great week! I have a new little boy starting April 21st so until then I have had lower numbers (2 and 3 kids per day). We went to a Fair last Friday, went shopping and to Mcdonalds playplace on Tuesday, picked up some daycare toys and Mcdonalds playplace again today and had lunch there for a treat! Tomorrow we will be doing another outing, haven't decided what yet though. Next week will be my last slower week for a bit so we will likely do one or two outings then as well. Maybe a pool outing? Where do you like to go when you go on a field trip?

I am sooooo glad that the weather is finally nice enough that we can get out 1-2x a day and the kids are loving it! My backyard is still pretty wet so we have just been using the driveway for the ride on's and a slide but that works well because the ride on's are much more enjoyable for them on the cement.

So tell me, what are the good things that have been going on in your life lately??

Starting to feel at home...
    14 sleeps until baby arrives!!!

I am not sure if the count down is making the days go by faster or slower...lol. But the sun has finally started to melt things, which puts everyone is a better mood!

On another plus note, I almost have my almost 2.5 year old potty trained! Yay!

On a bummer note, I found out yesterday that after I return from my 2 weeks off, my full timer is not returning due to a move.

Outgoing
    I had a quiet easy day today as I'm down in numbers at the moment and the little guy I normally have along with my daughter was home sick with a fever and mom decided to keep his brother (b/a school) so I only had my OWN kids until after school, when I only had one extra. And we were able to play outside this afternoon, the weather was finally nice!
    The same little guy is supposed to get picked up early tomorrow for a hearing test, so either way (if he's still sick or not) I'll get a shorter day. I actually really missed having him around, but it was nice to have some quality time with my youngest by herself, something we never get to do.

I've got 2 new siblings starting next week, so enjoying the quiet before it's over.
    Happy Springtime everyone!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyEight For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Tremble...14 days and one potty trained....awesome!! ! I hope the delivery goes well!

Crazy eight...I love the quieter, easier days. Enjoy yours!

Talking

Hey 5LM! Glad to hear your having a fabulous week! I have also been having a great week. I had a new dcb in her second week of transition so she's here 3 days this week. She cried A LOT yesterday (she hadn’t slept the night before) so I was glad when my day was over. Other than that it was a fantastic week.

Today I only had 2 kids + my ds so it was a nice "quiet" day. I started taking the kids for a walk in the stroller every morning this week after breakfast, when we come back we play outside until lunch. The kids and I have been loving it! It kicks off our day to a fresh positive start. We even went in the rain on Tuesday (they were full of mud ). Today they had a great time with chalk, sidewalk paint, blowing bubbles and playing with the ride ons.

I've only taken my dck on one outing, an indoor jungle gym place. I haven't insured the dck with my auto insurance so for now I won't be bringing them anywhere unless I can walk. I might be revisiting that next year. I'm still unsure how I feel about that. Buying all the proper car seats, the additional monthly cost of insurance. We'll see! But if I do, I plan on taking them to museums (we have an agricultural museum that has lots of farm animals), play groups, huge outdoor pirate park (3 story high), and the list goes on. I can walk to s few awesome parks, splash pads, indoor gym, library. So I'm sure I'll be busy walking to those.

Hope everyone is having a great week and best of all a great weekend!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I've actually always had the highest insurance on my vehicle because I used to take clients in my car when I did healthcare. Buying the car seats was definitely an expense but I managed to buy 3 on sale plus a booster seat. Our car now has 2 built in booster seats but I very rarely have kids who aren't in car seats. I really enjoy outings and unfortunately am not within walking distance to places other than parks and an ice cream restaurant! Lol

The fair we went to was an agriculture one and the 2 girls I took loved the petting zoo! We like going to the library too but don't really have any museums

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Ravaged by Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease

There's no need to say any more than TGIF!!!!!

Euphoric !
    Oh no cfred!!! I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!

Euphoric !
    You betcha.....have a line up of cheesy 80s horror flicks and very nice bottle of red awaiting me tomorrow night. Tonight - Mothers' Dinner at the new gastro pub. Bring on the relaxation

Hope everyone's got an excellent weekend in the works!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Ravaged by Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease

There's no need to say any more than TGIF!!!!!

My dcb had that last month ! Not fun. Luckily I caught it the first hour she was here, called mom and told her she couldn't come until it cleared, she was gone the whole week.

I am NOT having the best Friday. My newest dcb is in her second week of integration, today is her 3rd full day this week, and she's been crying the whole day! I have another dcg who is doing everything I'm telling her not to do. It's my bday today, and it seams to be the worst day of daycare this week lol....but it's Friday !!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a MUCH better day that I am. It's beautiful out there. Happy weekend everyone

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post: