Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Euphoric !

10 types of Mom's that suck!

Okay, so I came across this link on a friend's fb page. I really liked it and laughed at a few because I know mom's like that! So what about you, do you know mom's like this? Or are you a type of mom listed?? haha

http://thoughtcatalog.com/brianne-mc...MqfrDDjTBos.01

I really like the author's sense of sarcasm. I can see myself being a bit like her when/if I become a mom as I am already sorta like her as a dcprovider haha.

LOL The I do everything organic mom, LOL preach it sista

Euphoric !
    Do you know someone like that or are you that mom? lol

I know plenty or the we don't say no.

Euphoric !
    I actually don't know anyone personally that does the "all organic" thing but I can see why it would be annoying!

I used to have a friend who was the "all i care about is being a mom" mom. She had 4 kids in just as many years quite young and literally has devoted her whole life to them. When I say she has no interests or hobbies, I mean it! It's actually kinda sad when I think about it. She lost many friends because no one could relate to her anymore and when you spoke with her it was always about her children. Each to their own I guess.

We used to not be able to say "no" in dc centres. We had to put it in a positive way. It drove me crazy because I tend to be a person who thinks a rose by any other name is still a rose. I don't think it will harm a child to hear NO. lol

The "always chipper and well dressed mom"...I used to have a few of those parents. I don't know where they found the time or energy but I applaud them!

I am probably the "language police" dcprovider though!!! I am always on my other half to watch his language and if we are out and about and hear adults swearing, I will glare at them! More so if it's a child friendly place though.

How about the condescending Mom. I have one that when I tell her about something her daughter has achieved she always tells me yes, she already does that at home. She also tells me things her daughter has achieved like she can count to 10. HELLO? who do you think she learned that from? Never any credit from her. Its like if her child learns from someone else she feels she is a lousy mom. I feel sorry for the child's future teacher. I'd like to be a fly on the wall at her parent/teacher interviews LOL

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

I admit that I absolutely despise the " Always super chipper and well dressed Mom" I have met many and feel more and more inadequate the longer they are in eye shot.

Euphoric !
    Mimi, that would be frustrating!! I have a few parents who have told me that their children are great at ___ and they think it's because they come here and I have taught them. It's nice to hear! However, one day a mom came to pick up and I said "wow, when did xxx start to walk?" and the look on mom's face almost broke my heart!! He apparently hadn't been walking until that day and had taken his first steps here!! Mom of course felt guilty for being a "working mom" and missing her baby's first steps. Now, if a parent comes to me and tells me excitedly that their child has done ____at home, I act surprised even if they have done it here already lol. Not every time but for the big things!!(I'm not going to downplay my great teaching skills all the time haha) It would be tough to know that your dcprovider is experiencing a lot of your child's "firsts" though.

BS...haha, I hear ya! I live in my yoga pants (that have never ever done a yoga pose ) and old dccentre work shirts. When I put jeans on most of the parents ask if we are going somewhere that day LOL. There are times I wish I had a job again that forced me to get dressed and put make up on but than reality hits me and I realize that I don't miss that at all!! Tomorrow is pj day and I'm excited! Most of the parents tell me that they are jealous and wish they could wear their jammies to work

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I live in my yoga pants (that have never ever done a yoga pose ) and old dccentre work shirts. When I put jeans on most of the parents ask if we are going somewhere that day LOL
    Haha! This is sooo my life!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

As I sit in a busy gymnasium while my daughters school board has a gymnastics competition I am surrounded by the "My child is perfect at everything" mum. Give me strength...I could cry....my daughter dances and is just doing this for fun. I feel like a complete failure as a mother...thanks all you mums setting the bar so high for the likes of me who encourage their children to take part, give their best and have fun. It's not all about winning or being the best....Such amazing talent here though, I wish I was a kid again