Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I hope this all goes well for you! It would be very stressful for sure but you did the right thing!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Teagansmom View Post
    I made a report to CAS, then I took dc family to small claims and they counter sued me for emotional distress about my report. The judge today ordered her whole medical background as she has not had any proof to back up her claim.
    So I'm basically being sued for doing my duty to report suspicions. They also have to prove that I made my report out of malice.
    I don't really get how you would be expected to drop anything at this point. Isn't it up to the proper authorities to decide if the complaint has merit?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Uh.ukhj.hkgulhklhuhi loi
    Last edited by Teagansmom; 03-24-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Outgoing
    I agree with what others have said. I think if it was me, I would be sticking it out because I did the right thing. It seems like it should be obvious that you did the right thing. However, I am not the one going through this, so I have no idea how I would actually handle it. I really hope that whatever you decide, it works out well for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I'd probably be inclined to stick it out. It sounds like you've got a pretty strong case. I am loathe to let anyone get the better of me unjustly! In addition, I'd be concerned about them slandering you after the fact. If you go so far as to follow through with this, you're showing them that you're not mucking about with this and will not tolerate them doing it either. If you have the judge's ear at some point, you may want to voice the concern about them damaging your reputation after the fact.

Whatever route you choose, I wish you the best of luck. It's a big and unpleasant decision. Let us know how it all turns out

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm currently going through a legal battle of my own but not dc related. IMO I would weigh my losses, how much are you suing for vs. your legal costs + time (days you will have to close dc, prep time) + stress you are going to go through. All these things add up. Sometimes, we have do what’s right (which is what you did by reporting them), ask for what's rightfully yours (your $ for what they owe) and when refused....ask yourself is it worth it all to bring them to court? Because things like this can be so stressful and the money you're suing for might or might not be given to you and you end up losing more money in the end. I would think it over with a clear mindset and make your decision based on what you think is smart. Try and put emotions aside. Because sometimes we let them take the best of us as we are angry or offended. Sometimes it's better to walk away. But again this is just my way of making these types of decisions. I wish you all the best in making yours. I know how hard it is, it took me months to make mine. Good luck!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks for all your input, opinions and support ladies! It really is appreciated, I really do love having this forum available to help us all bounce ideas, vent and support one another.

Enjoy your long weekend and Happy Easter!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teagansmom For This Useful Post: