Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Smile Changes for the better

I'm changing my payment date.
    Last edited by adaycarelady; 01-20-2015 at 03:30 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to adaycarelady For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Good for you, it's your business so do what you feel works best for you!

I myself have made changes as well. I now require a 2 week deposit (it was 1 week), And payment made in advanced.

Euphoric !
    I agree, good for you!! Changing the way we do things is a good thing and something that all business owners do from time to time.

I've changed my hours and my rates (hours for everybody but rates only for new clients). I now request 4 weeks notice instead of 2 for end of care, I now request a 1 week deposit to be used towards the last 4 weeks instead of no deposit at all and I've added a termination clause to my contract. I'm sure there are more changes I've made as well but that's all I can think of

Expansive...
    We all learn from experience that we've got to make changes. 2 weeks non-refundable deposit/holding fees beyond 1 month/ 2 weeks paid time off on top of my stats./late payment fees increased/shortened my closing time by 1/2 hr. No one else will put value in your service unless you do it yourself! Keep fine-tuning!

Starting to feel at home...
    I feel like I have a really good and detailed contract in place. I did a lot of research before opening and put a lot of thought about how I wanted things. I do plan on adding a paid personal/sick day after 1 year of being opened and rise my late payment fee. I might raise my monthly fees. So far that's all I plan to change. We'll see as time goes along.