Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adaycarelady View Post
    Don't any of you watch dr phil during naptimes? He says you can't change what you don't acknowledge, so maybe some of you don't realize the impact of your actions. It is usually negativity that wears a person down to the point where they can't keep up with life/parenting demands so need regular 'breaks'. Living a positive lifestyle helps positivity. Are you eating a good diet? Do you need a new mattress to have better sleeps? Little things like that can help a person have enough positivity to get through daily demands. Then that way they don't get worn out and have to lay in bed all day to recharge or have to go on regular holidays. Maybe it's a good idea to agree to disagree. I should not have to convince parents to spend more time with their OWN children, how sad is that? Especially with daycare providers who should know the benefits of quality time. I know some very dedicated parents who would agree with me. You could google the benefits of quality time with children. Then see why quality time is so important. You may also run into many articles about how many parents are too 'busy' for their children and how it is impacting their well-being.
    But that is bias research. You would find just as many articles explaining how important it is for people to spend time away from their children and a list of the benefits to both the adult and the child as a result. Biassed research simply serves to reinforce your beliefs, even if they are wrong and that pertains to anything not just this subject. And Dr Phil...are you kidding me that's who you are going to use to back up what you say lol the guy may very well be educated but he doesn't even have a license so anyone can Google that kind of stuff or offer words of wisdom but it's not gonna be the same for everyone.

Expansive...
    Bwaa ha ha!!! I can google why its ok to beat a wife, how to make a pipe bomb or lose 40 pounds if I start smoking.

When did what I read on google become fact? Must have missed that.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwiper View Post
    Bwaa ha ha!!! I can google why its ok to beat a wife, how to make a pipe bomb or lose 40 pounds if I start smoking.

When did what I read on google become fact? Must have missed that.
    Oh my god you just made my cheeks hurt...thanks

Ok I truly need a "you need Jesus meme" for the expression on that lady's face. (google it if you don't know what I mean) And its not for the religious factor, but as I said for the expression, you adaycarelady are making some pretty strong assumptions about who we are as people because some of us are choosing the parenting style that works for us.

I have been in this field for 6.5 years (a newbie by most standards) and yes I can say that there are some parents who take the first chance to drop off their kids, get a nanny and whatnot, but I can say with great accuracy that My husband and I do not do this..... but why try to explain? I feel like you'll just take my words out of context.

I spend 50-60 formal hours/week with children dedicated to their early years and development, and I chose to stay home with my son, as to not miss out on his years as a child. I was talking about this thread last night with DH, and here are his thoughts:

He hopes that who ever you are adaycarelady that empty nest syndrome doesn't hit you so hard that it does mental harm, and he means that sincerely. He is speaking from experience with his own mother....She still hovers over him in some fashion to this day, and he argues with her about it. I did that at the risk of generalization, because you have generalized all of us in some way.

I am not saying that those who choose a different parenting style are any less than I, it just makes us different, and I agree to disagree with their method, because after all we are individuals. With minds of our own.
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 04-24-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: wrong user name used

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    ok, I will chime in too. I had family who were guilty of dropping off to do stupid things like tanning, getting their nails done or even putting up the christmas tree. So in my contract I know have a clause that I only watch children for families who go to work or school (now I do have the odd ones who need and stop and do an errand and I have no problems with it because its a rare thing)

imagine, I had kids who would see their parents drive by the house and get so excited thinking that they were going to go home only to find out that no one was picking them up. I got so sick and tired of this behavior and how unfair it was to the kids.

also, putting your child in daycare or preschool for socialization or getting them ready for school is one thing, but dumping them off because you need a day to yourself is totally something else. I get wanting to spend time doing things, but these are the same parents who party all weekend, dump their kids off with relatives on the weekends or even during the weekday put their kids to bed early so they can have "alone time". So how much alone time do people need, why have children if you want alone time.

this makes me mad and sad at the same time. Mad because it feels like no one cares but me and sad for the kids because I'm the one who listens to them, plays with them and treat them like family, no wonder I have kids who never want to go home.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    She's not 'abusydaycarelady' Dodge....there is someone in DCB by that name, but not this one. This is just 'adaycarelady'.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by momofnerds View Post
    ok, I will chime in too. I had family who were guilty of dropping off to do stupid things like tanning, getting their nails done or even putting up the christmas tree. So in my contract I know have a clause that I only watch children for families who go to work or school (now I do have the odd ones who need and stop and do an errand and I have no problems with it because its a rare thing)

imagine, I had kids who would see their parents drive by the house and get so excited thinking that they were going to go home only to find out that no one was picking them up. I got so sick and tired of this behavior and how unfair it was to the kids.

also, putting your child in daycare or preschool for socialization or getting them ready for school is one thing, but dumping them off because you need a day to yourself is totally something else. I get wanting to spend time doing things, but these are the same parents who party all weekend, dump their kids off with relatives on the weekends or even during the weekday put their kids to bed early so they can have "alone time". So how much alone time do people need, why have children if you want alone time.

this makes me mad and sad at the same time. Mad because it feels like no one cares but me and sad for the kids because I'm the one who listens to them, plays with them and treat them like family, no wonder I have kids who never want to go home.
    I actually had a mom (who was a neighbour and friend as well) who, after I had both her children for 10.5 hours that day, proclaimed that she needed a nap an hour after she picked up because they wearing her out! I had to bite my tongue after that comment, lol.

Oh my bad so sorry will correct my post

Now corrected....

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsmom View Post
    I actually had a mom (who was a neighbour and friend as well) who, after I had both her children for 10.5 hours that day, proclaimed that she needed a nap an hour after she picked up because they wearing her out! I had to bite my tongue after that comment, lol.
    you too, or how about the ones that tell you that their children were so horrible all night long (ya the 2 hours that they spend together) and I have them for up to 10 hours and don't have a problem all day, how does this happen. I don't understand how "I" can go all day with kids till bed time, and take my own to activities and the only time I get to have "alone time" is at 615am till 645am when my odd has to get up to go to highschool. Just doesn't make sense anymore.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post: