Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

I'm back from mat leave :-)

Hello everyone :-)
    I am back in business now after taking a 3 week maternity leave. My daughter was born a week late, was due March 27, ended up taking an extra week maternity leave, was too huge and WAY too uncomfortable to keep working, baby arrived April 3 and then 2 weeks off.
    I have to say, I was truly dreading re opening but on day 2 and so far so good! The hubby is home on parental leave until October - possibly may take until December though we will see :-) Yesterday I only had 1 kiddo, today 2, and Wed-Fri will have 3. I also have my own 2 year old son and my older 3 are in school all day.
    I also have changed my opinion about those moms who still send their kiddos during maternity leave. Wowza! Even with the hubby home it was VERY difficult to keep my 2 year old entertained when we are both so sleep deprived. He has been so happy to have his little friends back to keep him busy :-)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sassygirl For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Congratulations!! I came back to work when DS was 9 weeks old and my hubby took a nice long pat leave as well. Glad to hear it's going well, I hope it stays that way for you!

Welcome back and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Outgoing
    Congrats, I hope everything runs smoothly!

Congratulations! I'm taking 2 weeks off after delivery in August, too. I'll pay someone to help with daycare and house full time for a few weeks after. My hubby cannot take days off, only the weeks I'm closing.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! Glad to hear you are settling in to the daycare routine again and that your hubby is home and helping.

Outgoing
    Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I hope it continues to go well for you!