Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy
    Guelph line and Upper Middle Rd, Burlington On

North Burlington Daycare (Headon Forest area)

Hello all you parents and daycare providers.
    I am thinking of opening up my home to 4 children, probably in the fall.
    Before re-arranging my home (living room and dining room) i would like to know if there is a need??
    Is there a need for daycare providers in the Headon Forest area?
    Does anyone know how to find this out? Any ideas??
    If anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated!
    THANKS in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Nancie View Post
    Hello all you parents and daycare providers.
    I am thinking of opening up my home to 4 children, probably in the fall.
    Before re-arranging my home (living room and dining room) i would like to know if there is a need??
    Is there a need for daycare providers in the Headon Forest area?
    Does anyone know how to find this out? Any ideas??
    If anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated!
    THANKS in advance
    contact these guys. I did daycare in South Burlington for 4 years and was a member of the association. In Burlington there were over 70 providers registered...I am sure there is a great deal amount more who aren't. I know that Burlington is saturated with daycare providers so I'd want to be very sure prior to opening and the referral coordinator would be able to tell you of the demand. I imagine it is still quite great, more so in North Burlington due to the rapid development of subdivisions north of Dundas...good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Shy
    That is an awesome tip... I am going to contact them. thanks a bunch!!

Euphoric !
    Go to the home page of this site and put your postal code in and search ..... It will bring up all the daycare in your area from closest to furthest away .... You will be able to see how many are in your immediate area ....

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    Go to the home page of this site and put your postal code in and search ..... It will bring up all the daycare in your area from closest to furthest away .... You will be able to see how many are in your immediate area ....
    Thanks for this tip. I just looked. I think it might be worth the risk to set up and open up. I guess if it doesn't pan out - i could always sell my stuff on here or kijiji
    THANKS

Starting to feel at home...
    Yes, Burlington is saturated. I have been advertising since December for a spot. I'll admit I am picky, but it has been a nightmare to fill the spot. I have at least 5 other care providers within walking(ish) distance from my house. I am in North Burlington. Not to discourage you, but it may take some time to get up and running. good luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FunnyFarm For This Useful Post:

I used to do daycare in South East Burlington and within my block, and I'm not talking main intersection either, there were at least 9 daycare providers that I knew about and likely more. I think depending on where you are in the North of the city will play a role as anyone from Btown knows that it can take FOREVER to get to the highway so although in theory you may only be 2 or 3 km from the highway for parents, that may add an addition 30 minutes there and back onto parents travelling time at least. My kids used to swim at Tansley Woods and I lived at Walkers and New. It would quite often take me 20-25 minutes to get there with all the traffic lights and congestion. I had families from the north come to me because of my close proximity to the highway, but a parent going to the north from the south and back again is another thing entirely. They wouldn't even consider a north Burlington daycare for this reason so it crosses out a lot of potential clients. I would imagine from all the Dundas new construction though that you could have a lot of potential families looking in your area. I still think the best thing to do is contact the HCCPA and see what they say. I know of daycare providers in the Headon Forest area specifically although I don't know what it is like for them, but it is a very popular area for reasonably priced family sized homes, if you can believe that, lol, so lots of young families.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Yup oversatured here. Especially in the north end. I've been trying to fill a spot for the last 6 months(I'm very picky also)