Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    So if you consider an infant up to 18 months and most babies don't start care until they are at least 10 months due to the 1 yr mat leave and at what point in the pregnancy the mom finished work but I would say the earliest would be about 10 months ... You would be transitioning new children every 6 -8 months.... And some children take several weeks and sometime a few months to settle in .....
    Not to mention the new bill 143 .... Yes I know it hasn't been passed yet but it will be passed and even though there may be a few changes I don't think one if them is going to be the two under two .... Which means you are only going to be able to have two infants and if you have or plan on have children of your own they will be part of the ratio which further limits you....
    I can't see it panning out because as a parent I would not want to settle my children into a daycare only to have to change them to a new one in 6 months....

I hated the fact that my kids had to change schools because a new one was built and was 3 kms closer to my home so it was not negotiable .... Im not a fan of change

Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    So if you consider an infant up to 18 months and most babies don't start care until they are at least 10 months due to the 1 yr mat leave and at what point in the pregnancy the mom finished work but I would say the earliest would be about 10 months ... You would be transitioning new children every 6 -8 months.... And some children take several weeks and sometime a few months to settle in .....
    Not to mention the new bill 143 .... Yes I know it hasn't been passed yet but it will be passed and even though there may be a few changes I don't think one if them is going to be the two under two .... Which means you are only going to be able to have two infants and if you have or plan on have children of your own they will be part of the ratio which further limits you....
    I can't see it panning out because as a parent I would not want to settle my children into a daycare only to have to change them to a new one in 6 months....

I hated the fact that my kids had to change schools because a new one was built and was 3 kms closer to my home so it was not negotiable .... Im not a fan of change
    You really have summed it up nicely Crayola. Also lets not forget that it is an important part of psychosocial development, at this age particularly, to have consistency in order to develop healthy bonds and the ability to trust. We as adults take it for granted, but the way infants and young children develop trust is through consistency and I don't think it is in the best interest of the child to be moved elsewhere In such a short space of time. Many do it but it doesn't mean all do it well or without repercussions later on down the road. School age children are different because thy have already "hopefully" developed through this stage as it happens within the first 2 years of life. If the foundation is strong, then further stages of development are reinforced and that is a huge deal in the child's success. I think the idea of doing this partnership with another provider for the older age group sounds good initially, but then neither of you are going to be able to make a viable source of income and this will become a very short lived venture.

Euphoric !
    The other thing that I forgot to mention is you wouldnt likely have repeat business because if a parent decides to have another child most would rather have their kids in the same daycare so they only have one drop off and one pickup not to mention keeping their children together .... But convienience will play a big part of it .... Most parents are busy enough without adding the extra stop at the beginning and end of each day ...... I have two parents on mat leave right now and one just came back in nov .... So I have one sib set until end of aug when the older one goes to jk and then one new one will start for sept (I already have his bro) and then and another brother of a current child will be starting in march ..... Repeat business is terrific ..... I hope they all have a few more ; )