Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wheat germ is the best source of fibre there is but that's it. Dietary fibre isn't something you absorb it just pushes things through so as long as you eat plenty of fruit and vegetables then I wouldn't bother with it. I used to throw it into all my kids baked goods when they were going through a fussy stage not eating enough veg. It is a good source of fat and some minerals but if you are eating as well as you say then it's not something to run out and buy.

Outgoing
    Ok wasn't sure about it.

I chose a "complete" protein powder with greens primarily for my daughter. She hardly eats veggies although she goes through stages. She loves smoothies anyway and this was a much better way of ensuring that she got all of her daily required nutrients, even though she still gets that little bit of veg on her plate daily, has to eat what is on her plate as it is so little, and has plenty of other foods with veggies hidden in them. I don't hide them to trick her, but simply if I can get them into her in the natural state then I believe it is both better for her, and eventually she will acquire the taste. She makes her own smoothies and feels quite the reward when she puts kale or zucchinis in them and can't taste them lol My husband skips breakfast as he leaves the house typically at 5am so he will grab them and my son is vegetarian and while he isn't a huge fan of smoothies he will occasionally have one which pleases me as he gets a head start on the day. If you are truly eating a diet of only whole foods then I think that a protein powder isn't necessary but majority of us don't and our bodies are always running at sub par dealing with the toxicity of our surroundings and the processed crap that we put in our bodies.

Outgoing
    you know my own kids didn't really start eating veggies till they were a bit older (my ydd is 9) and now its crazy how much they eat them. carrots, green beans, broccoli (a big favorite) brussell sprouts, snap peas (they taste like peanuts) but before I just couldn't get them to eat any of it. Oh fruit, I bought bananas on tues, yesterday while at scouts my mdd texts me to go and buy more bananas because there was no more, my ydd can eat a cantainer of strawberries in one sitting figures shes never sick ever. And they eat weird fruit, like pomogranet, star fruit, dragon fruit try buying those in the winter--crazy kids. But like I said, my kids never ate like this when they were younger, now they can't get enough lol!

Euphoric !
    If you would prefer to eat your fruit instead of drinking it we have had some fun with the yonanas machine - frozen bananas and frozen berry mix is the daycare favourite.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    If you would prefer to eat your fruit instead of drinking it we have had some fun with the yonanas machine - frozen bananas and frozen berry mix is the daycare favourite.
    Oh my gosh! Where did you get that? That looks delicious!

Euphoric !
    Mine came from Canadian Tire but walmart sells it. It sells for around $49 and we have fun with it. It is a bit loud when making the stuff but not as annoying as a blender can be. There are lots of recipe ideas online that people have tried. It uses over ripe bananas so a nice alternative to making banana bread.

Outgoing
    I'll have to look into that machine.