@ nschildcare no it was not clear from the beginning that they were on a wait list. Moving forward I am going to try really hard to do more screening but still there is only so much we can do. This dcm told me just a few weeks into her son being here that she had an interview at a centre where he had been on a wait list. Which honestly I didn't need to know and I didn't really appreciate the fact that she told me she was shopping around while I was hard at work transitioning her child although I do appreciate the ample notice, sometimes I have found she just says odd things sometimes.

I am thinking now too that I can understand trying to be more sensible towards having more "diverse" materials, I am open to that but at the same time I don't think that would have been a deal breaker since it's really not like dcm would actually see any of this material on a day to day...

All I see when I think of a daycare center is a giant room full of kids everywhere and I don't see how that is the better bargain and how that is more "elite" but hey it's a personal preference I guess. Making something into an institution makes it better apparently!