Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    myrealthoughts - please don't feel like you cannot post! I agree I didn't think we were "picking sides". The whole point of this forum is to express our views and feelings. We won't all agree with each other and that is OK. I am one who disagrees with you. Just as I have posted on the other thread on this topic I do not like the "I am paying you therefore I will send my child no matter what" attitude. My example of this is the poor boy who was forced to come to daycare while older sibling got to go to grandma's house. This grandma was one he did not see regularly and it was not a case of grandma not wanting him but because she was not allowed to take him because "they were paying me!". Another family - same thing, grandparents never were allowed to have the children for a week or few days because they were paying for them to be here. Maybe I have just had a bad group of families but I still believe there is nothing more wonderful than a "special" unexpected day at home with mom/dad/grandparents. Yes they are paying me but they don't have to make sure they are here to get their money's worth.

We can all share opinions and feelings and they don't have to be the same. We all have different life experiences that have caused us to have the views we do. Neither is right or wrong. The site is a great place for everyone to share those feelings and experiences and to hear different points of view.

Outgoing
    I think the main problem could be that the poster (with the crazy thread) ended up clumping us all together and calling people names and such. I think they just wanted to come here and cause problems. You can post and like I tell people, if you don't like what is said, you can move on, its a computer just step away. We all have reasons why we do things, but this one poster said that we need to spend every single waking moment with our kids (she should come hang out with my own teenage crowd, she'll be singing a different tune) so post away and don't be afraid.

Expansive...
    I must be out of the loop then , I didn't read any of that !!
    I think it's easy to sit and comment on how we would do things and should do things when we are not involved in the situation .
    Your business is yours to run , same as me ! If I get advice I use it to help me decide what to do , if I advise someone I try to be helpful and put myself in their shoes , not just go off with , " you need to do this !!!!" Kind of attitude !
    We all have different personalities and experiences and that can effect how we present our "help"
    We all have to have a balance of running our dayhomes and keeping our families happy and we all give in and change our policies whenever we feel the need or desire ! I certainly have allowed things that I know some might say on this forum ," not to do " but ultimately it is up to me to decide what I do , I personally do not get upset when people disagree or do not like what I'm saying . Maybe it's age or personality ( raised in an Italian home with 2 sisters lol )
    I hope you feel more confidence expressing your opinions especially with all the support you have received !!!
    :-)