Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daily Schedule

Outgoing

Daily Schedule

I just started 3 young ones who still need 2-3 naps a day. 2 are 5 month old twins. I was just curious of your daily schedules more so the nap times as ideally I would like all the kids to nap at the same time, or do you think this will be impossible until the twin get a little older?

Euphoric !
    Yup pretty much impossible till the twins get older ..... But you can start nudging their naps in the direction you want them. I would be ok as long as they slept in the aft at least half of the time as the other kids so I could at least have my lunch and a tea and put my feet up for a short time.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree with crayola kiddies. Until they are older, they won't be able to be on the same nap schedule but for sure start pushing them towards that.

2- 5month olds and another young one on top of your other kids....kudos to you!! I couldn't do it lol

Outgoing
    I agree with 5 Little Monkeys and Crayola. When I had younger (10 months old) kids in my daycare they had 2 naps per day - one at 9 (the children arrive at 7:30) and one at 12:30/1:00ish. I used the time during the morning nap to do a craft (or playdough, or baking, etc) with the older kids. I would let them sleep until about 10-10:30, give them a snack and go outside after that (weather permitting). Maybe you can start heading in that direction so that by 9 months or so they can follow that schedule. Another option might be to get a stroller that can accommodate everyone and start taking a daily walk during one of their naptimes so the older kids (and you) can get out?

Outgoing
    Thanks so much for all your inputs, i put the twins down at 9:15 and they slept about 45 min.

Yay me all are sleeping at the same time. All went down at 12:15, im hoping we can stick to this!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teagansmom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have five 12-17 month olds. They nap from about 8:45-10am and again from 1-3pm. Some nap the full amount, some nap most of it and lie there the rest of the time. I wake some at 10am on the dot or they will keep sleeping and will be hard to go down come 1pm...others I let sleep until 10:30/10:45 and they still crash at 1pm.

I am in the process of slowly shifting morning nap earlier (hard to manage with so many to feed, change and get down!). This is so I can slowly make afternoon nap a bit earlier for when my kids are ready to switch to one nap. My goal is for naps to overlap as much as possible but once I have a mix of 1 nappers and 2 nappers then it will be harder as the one nap will be earlier (12ish).

My kids all have individual nap rooms, which helps. A couple of the kids were doing 1 nap a day when they started (11-1) but I switched them back to 2 naps pretty quickly as they were exhausted come 9am and they all crash with no fuss. Our day is just much busier than hanging out at home.

With 5 month olds it will be harder...but do your best to slowly shift things so they overlap naps as much as possible so you get down time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I think I have been pretty lucky so far (knock on wood). Today the babies went down at 9:00 yesterday it was 9:15. Today they slept for 1 1/2hrs. I just got all the kids including the babies to sleep at 12:30. I'm hoping it continues to stay like this. My age group is (2)5 months, 23 month part time, 3 yr and a 3 1/2 which is part time until 7pm (I will probably be terminating this week for on going behavioural issues)I will be starting a 1 yr old next week who's mom has been working within my schedule. She is part time and will be filling the 23 months days.

Euphoric !
    Make sure you relax and spoil yourself when they are all asleep! I always stock up on pop and chocolate when transitioning in a new child. I sit on my butt and pig out. So many things I should be doing, that I'll now be doing this evening instead, but you never know how the rest of the day/week will play out!!