Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Teacher clients Do you charge them when off for summer ?????

HI everyone Was wondering if any of you daycare providers have a teacher as a client. My question is what do you charge them when they are off for the summer or do you charge them at all. Please help !!

Euphoric !
    I offer a holiday fee ($10 less per day) so they can either pay this for the summer and secure their spot for the fall or I will fill it with a summer only child if I can and than they don't pay.

Euphoric !
    I have one teacher currently and she pays full time from sept to the end if June and then 3 days a weeks for the summer

Euphoric !
    I do the same as 5LM although my holiday fee is $5 less than my regular fee. I have always been able to fill the summer spot but have not yet filled it this summer. If I don't then I expect the family to continue to pay for the spot (with the $5 a day discount)

Euphoric !
    I charge full time rates. Teachers, in my opinion, get quite enough breaks and compensation already. There are plenty of other clients looking for care should they be uncomfortable with that.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have a separate rate for my teachers. It is higher than regular clients and care is only available to them September through June, and not over christmas or march break. Tuition is due September through June, based on enrollment, not attendance. Basically, I've taken what a full time spot would be year round, and then applied that directly to the available days of attendance. So if regular rate is $35, then a teacher rate would be $40 (or thereabouts).

Then if they want a spot for September, they pay a deposit in June to guarantee their place, otherwise they take their chances it will be gone.

And I do not take their kids over the summer.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nschildcare For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nschildcare View Post
    I have a separate rate for my teachers. It is higher than regular clients and care is only available to them September through June, and not over christmas or march break. Tuition is due September through June, based on enrollment, not attendance. Basically, I've taken what a full time spot would be year round, and then applied that directly to the available days of attendance. So if regular rate is $35, then a teacher rate would be $40 (or thereabouts).

Then if they want a spot for September, they pay a deposit in June to guarantee their place, otherwise they take their chances it will be gone.

And I do not take their kids over the summer.
    I like your business strategy nschildcare! I think I may adopt it! Currently I offer a 3 day week for summer breaks. March Break/Christmas/etc they pay full fees.

I only take teacher's children (my husband is a teacher) and enjoy summers/holidays off with my family (no charge for teachers during those times). I do reopen for 3 days a week for the last 2 weeks of August (child transition and set up time for the teachers)
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    I only take teacher's children (my husband is a teacher) and enjoy summers/holidays off with my family (no charge for teachers during those times). I do reopen for 3 days a week for the last 2 weeks of August (child transition and set up time for the teachers)
    This sounds like a fantastic set up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Space is available 50 weeks a year.

Tuition is also expected 50 weeks a year, regardless of what a parent does for a living.
    Parents who have seasonal positions can either pay the fee (and attend or don't attend) or they can pull their child and risk losing the space.

I let parents worry about their own situations and I worry about mine. My rules either work for a family or they don't. Either way, it's a personal decision for each family.