Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    Thank you for all your advise I talked to mom about it and she doesn't think it's much of a problem. I let her know that every tantrum she will be placed in a time out. Mom thinks that's a bit harsh and this "phase" will pass and I need to be more patient! My patience has lasted for 2 months. Doing nothing (ignoring) has not worked. So we need to step it up, I get the feeling that she may start to look for a different daycare over this disagreement between us. I'm sure the next daycare won't put up with it either. So far today (she's been here for 4 hours) she has been placed in time out 5 times for 2 minutes. I'm not sure if my persistence will pay off if she sill getting away with it at home I'd imagine mom won't be happy to find out that she has been in that many time outs but it has to stop, sigh, thankfully my other kids are an absolute pleasure to be around all day! Will keep pressing on thanks again for all your advice

Euphoric !
    Good for you!

The child will learn what is acceptable at your home just as they will learn what they can get away with at home. The younger they can learn how to behave the better they will be as they grow.

If mom leaves your care over it then so be it. You obviously don't have the same parenting styles and it will just be harder to work together.

Outgoing
    IMO 2 months is not a phase. It's a learned behaviour.

Shy
    Update!! Success!! After 2 days of being sat in the timeout chair for every meltdown, decreasing every day until 2 whole days WITHOUT any meltdowns, things are harmonious again!! We haven't been able to shake the last meltdown when parents arrive but I'll take it! Thanks much for the helpful advise, until next time

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaycareMiss For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Good for you!!!

That is fantastic news, so glad you were able to work things out and obviously it's great news for the child. She is lucky to have a dcprovider who is willing to invest themselves into their best interest.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by DaycareMiss View Post
    Update!! Success!! After 2 days of being sat in the timeout chair for every meltdown, decreasing every day until 2 whole days WITHOUT any meltdowns, things are harmonious again!! We haven't been able to shake the last meltdown when parents arrive but I'll take it! Thanks much for the helpful advise, until next time
    That's amazing news! As far as the meltdown when parents arrive, have you tried getting her ready at the door before parents arrive? My closing always runs smoothly because they are ready, parents are outside at the door and off they go, no opportunity to have any meltdown. I do the same when we are outside at the gate. Hope that helps!