Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...
    daisy, adding the bath puff is a great idea! I just might borrow it!

Shy
    One year for Father's Day I got my kids to fingerpaint on canvas from the dollar store and took pictures of them doing it. I then printed and framed the pictures and gave him the frame and canvas as a gift together. The artwork and picture frames are still hanging on our wall (my son was 14 months when we did it, he's now 4)

Euphoric !
    I haven't even thought about it yet...I am transitioning 2 new little ones and it's been sorta chaotic the past 2 weeks. I hurt my back this week and am in an awful and miserable mood due to the pain.

I think we will do a candle holder or maybe just bake something and make a cute card. We'll see how I feel next week lol

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I haven't even thought about it yet...I am transitioning 2 new little ones and it's been sorta chaotic the past 2 weeks. I hurt my back this week and am in an awful and miserable mood due to the pain.

I think we will do a candle holder or maybe just bake something and make a cute card. We'll see how I feel next week lol
    Oh no, sorry to hear that 5LM! I know you've had back problems in the past. It's me "the purple Bunny" (had to change my username). I hope you feel better soon and that your two new little ones settle in soon.

Love your ideas ladies! I am still trying to pick a craft.

I made this card with my toddlers and preschooler: http://www.brilliantbeginningspresch...eces-card.html
    Next week we are going to make a mini version of this in a mason jar with succulents instead of cacti: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2013/0...i-garden-.html
    My toddler boys aren't really into painting or colouring yet so I thought they would have more fun with the assembly process of dirt and rocks :-)
    Then put it all in a paper bag decorated with stamps and stickers!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkaroo View Post
    Oh no, sorry to hear that 5LM! I know you've had back problems in the past. It's me "the purple Bunny" (had to change my username). I hope you feel better soon and that your two new little ones settle in soon.

Love your ideas ladies! I am still trying to pick a craft.
    Hey purple bunny!! I had wondered where you went lol. Why did you have to change your username? Thanks for the well wishes I used to be on prescription painkillers but unfortunately our current health coverage doesn't cover it and it was almost $100 a month for the one that worked the best. I started getting the cortisone shots instead anyways so it was okay. However, I don't get the shots again until the 16th and the pain became too much for me so today I went and got the prescription med and just paid full price for it. I'm glad I did though because I already feel less pain!! My fiance's employment is voting in a new plan so hopefully they cover the good stuff lol.

Anyways, sorry to get side tracked there!! I looked on pinterest today for some ideas and I've narrowed it down to the picture transfer to white candles or their handprints on coffee mugs. I'll see what supplies I can find tomorrow. I can't remember who did the candles (mimi? crayola kiddies?) did it turn out really well? I hate spending all that time doing pinterest things and than they don't turn out...I've had my fair share of those! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Hey purple bunny!! I had wondered where you went lol. Why did you have to change your username? Thanks for the well wishes I used to be on prescription painkillers but unfortunately our current health coverage doesn't cover it and it was almost $100 a month for the one that worked the best. I started getting the cortisone shots instead anyways so it was okay. However, I don't get the shots again until the 16th and the pain became too much for me so today I went and got the prescription med and just paid full price for it. I'm glad I did though because I already feel less pain!! My fiance's employment is voting in a new plan so hopefully they cover the good stuff lol.

Anyways, sorry to get side tracked there!! I looked on pinterest today for some ideas and I've narrowed it down to the picture transfer to white candles or their handprints on coffee mugs. I'll see what supplies I can find tomorrow. I can't remember who did the candles (mimi? crayola kiddies?) did it turn out really well? I hate spending all that time doing pinterest things and than they don't turn out...I've had my fair share of those! haha.
    Lol...i changed it because it wasn't really anonymous. So I changed it to a completely different name. Suck cause I've lost all my DCB buddy's! Lol but I'm here!!!

I really hope you can get coverage soon. I wish all necessary meds were covered.

Anyway, back to the crafts, I love the potted plant idea. I'll keep an eye on this thread for more ideas and check out pintrest too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post:

Hey 5LM, I did the candle with the tissue paper. The candles turned out great. I just had the kids scribble or make little drawings on the tissue paper, cut it to fit the candle, wrap wax paper around it (make sure the waxy side in against the tissue paper) and I used the heat from the blowdryer. Make sure you let the candle cool before removing the wax paper and it did take a couple of wax paper applications before the tissue paper adhered to the candle. They do look really good.

Oh, and wear an oven mitt on the hand that is holding the candle while you blow dry so you don't feel the heat on your hand
    Last edited by mimi; 05-04-2014 at 03:50 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Thanks for the tip Mimi!

Euphoric !
    Well we did the candles this morning and they turned out great! Thanks for the oven mitt tip, it gets hot! Lol.

Instead of cards, I bought canvases and I taped the word "mom" on them. They will paint the canvas and I'll peel the tape off.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: