Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Mother's Day Craft

Stumped this year as to what to make with the little ones for Mother's Day. They are all pretty little (3 and under) so not sure what would be good to make. What are all you other dcp making with your dck this year

Outgoing
    I found some little flower pots on clearance at jysk, like, teacup-sized. I'll have the kids paint them and we'll plant some flowers in them, I think. For the little ones, I'm planning on helping them put their handprint on it.
    I've started a bunch of vegetable seedlings with the older kids and they've been very into helping me water them, so it's kind of a continuation of that. The kids are excited to plant and water their own plants, and hopefully the moms will think they're cute.

We are doing two things because I have different kids on each day.

We are planting flower seeds in little pots, which fits our gardening/flower theme, too.

We are doing clay pendants (salt dough clay) and pressing beads into them to dry. Then they can thread yarn through for a necklace.

Hopefully they both work out okay

We're going to make the moms a sugar scrub next week. Debating between coconut or brown sugar with cinnamon and vanilla. I found some cute little mason jars at the dollar store to put it in. We'll of course make a card to go with it.

Euphoric !
    ugh....is that coming up!? No idea!

Expansive...
    Mothers and Father's Day are my least favorite in terms of choosing a cute craft to do. I wanted to do the flowerpot too but couldn't find any so I picked up little birdhouses the kids will paint and we will make a card with a handprint or something too.

Outgoing
    I kind of cheated. I have three 2 year olds and a one year old. We walked to my favorite kid's place, Fun time pottery. They each sponge painted a coaster and then we put their hand prints on it. And then they really wanted to use the paintbrushes, and hadn't had a chance yet. So we let them paint a magnet to go with the coaster. They had such a fun morning. And it's a decent walk from my house, so they were all ready for bed half an hour early!

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEight View Post
    I found some little flower pots on clearance at jysk, like, teacup-sized. I'll have the kids paint them and we'll plant some flowers in them, I think. For the little ones, I'm planning on helping them put their handprint on it.
    I've started a bunch of vegetable seedlings with the older kids and they've been very into helping me water them, so it's kind of a continuation of that. The kids are excited to plant and water their own plants, and hopefully the moms will think they're cute.
    I did this a few years ago and it was a huge hit. I am planning on doing it again this year. We used basil last time, not sure what I will use this time. Flowers seem fun!

I bought some 5 inch candles at Ikea and the kids are going to draw a picture or colour on white tissue paper (put a piece of regular paper underneath so it doesn't rip and ask them to colour gently) with sharpies. Then cut the tissue paper to fit around the candle, wrap wax paper around tissue paper and candle (wax side against tissue paper) and blow dry on high heat until the tissue paper adheres to the candle. I added the date and the child's name to the tissue paper. Turned out awesome.

For better instructions turn to Pinterst.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy123 View Post
    We're going to make the moms a sugar scrub next week. Debating between coconut or brown sugar with cinnamon and vanilla. I found some cute little mason jars at the dollar store to put it in. We'll of course make a card to go with it.
    I also did something similar - used epsom salts w scented essential oil, added a bath puff & a cute poem. It was also loved by the moms - including mine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to daisy For This Useful Post: