Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Handprints...success !

Ending up my 4th year as a child care provider and as we sailed through our umpteenth handprint related craft (this one, of course, for Mother's Day)...I realized that we have mastered the not as easy as it looks handprint. Woohoo! Do I strive for the perfect print...no way (in fact, as a Mom it's those imperfections I find I love most). But not longer is paint everywhere, no longer do I have that one child that cries the entire way through because they dislike anything on their hands, no longer do I have them freeze and don't touch anything (I often give them paper to do fingerprint on). Ahhh...lessons learned...and all practiced up for Father's Day
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Lol, ahh yes, the handprint! I have had a few kids who don't like to get dirty and I have found that painting their hand (instead of them pressing it onto the plate of paint) seems to help. They enjoy the feeling of me painting it and laugh because it tickles!

The footprint is so much fun as well but waaaayyyy more work!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    We are working on hand and foot prints here this week. I have five kiddos, the oldest is 17months. It is quite the process! I have a whole assembly line to get a handprint done. I can't say they enjoy it, but no one is complaining they just look at me like I'm nuts and run off as soon as they are washed and freed!

So much work.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Lol, ahh yes, the handprint! I have had a few kids who don't like to get dirty and I have found that painting their hand (instead of them pressing it onto the plate of paint) seems to help. They enjoy the feeling of me painting it and laugh because it tickles!

The footprint is so much fun as well but waaaayyyy more work!
    I do this, too. The kids seem to prefer having their hand, (or foot), painted with a brush.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JennJubie For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Wow I never thought of painting the kids' hands! Thank you for bringing this up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PumpkinQueen For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    MUCH easier painting their hand! I have a 2yrold dcb who HATES to be dirty/have food on his hands, etc. He doesn't exactly enjoy having his hand painted, but he lets me do it, sticks his hand down on the craft without complaint, and is then very happy to have it all wiped off! After it's done he seems mighty proud about the handprint he made, even though he didn't appreciate the process. Of course, the rest think it's absolutely hilarious when I paint their hands/feet for crafts, and this way each one gets wiped down immediately after they've had their turn, so no one can sneak a paint-covered finger onto their shirt/into their hair, etc, while I'm busy with the next one.