Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    nschildcare....your last comment has me jealous!! LOL

Euphoric !
    So I also posted this on facebook and asked for opinions. I ended up buying a necklace last night and I put it on him today. I have to say that I think it sorta helped!!! He only went through one shirt and 3 bibs today. We were outside a lot though and so I didn't put a bib on him out there because he has a rain jacket so I just wipe it off lol. I did fill a plastic grocery bag with kleenax though! I sent the necklace home with his mom so they could try it out for the weekend and see what they thought.

I had a friend come over because we were going out right after I was done work. She ended up coming a bit early and as he is my last child, she got to see him. She said she thought I was exaggerating by the amount of drool but now that she saw him she didn't know how I dealt with his drool all day!! lol...she used to have a hdc too and said she's never seen a child drool so much! The sad part is, she saw what I thought was an improvement lmao.

He also has a cold right now so I'm excited to see how the necklace will work when he is over that. I have high hopes for it so hopefully it can live up to my expectations. If not, I think we will be spending a lot more time outside so that at least it's the grass that gets the brunt of this hahaha.

Outgoing
    I'm curious what his weekend will be like. I wonder if his mom will notice a difference.

Euphoric !
    I'm curious too superfun! PS. thanks for the offer for the teething necklace but I decided to just buy a new one

Outgoing
    so the dcb who always wears one, apparently is vomiting at night (mom says its his sinuss draining so its making him do it, but I have a feeling its way too much milk, because he doesn't do this at nap time) well all day he smelled like vomit, she said that she washed him up. Well, there is no way, that stupid necklace smelled like vomit so bad, so I took it off. His hair smelled like it too. But anyways, I noticed that it was leaving a weird marking around his neck from wearing it. This kid has never taken it off, but I will say, I was shocked at how much gunk was on this necklace, totally breading bacteria.

Euphoric !
    Momofnerds, eww! That sounds gross! I checked the 15 month old after reading your post (he's had his on forever too) and his is clean. His mom is a nurse so I imagine she is aware of the possible dirtiness and cleans it though. I read that you should clean it with warm water but no soaps. The boy I bought the necklace for still has it on. Mom was to much in a rush this morning so I didn't get to ask her what she thought of it but I'll text her in a bit and ask. I take his off for naptime so I'll wash his today. I have seen a decrease in the drooling so I think they work! Who hoo

All 4 boys have colds now so it's been a busy morning of runny nose wiping....if it's not one thing it's another hey? Lol, tis the job!

Expansive...
    I'm sure you will see some improvement once this cold is resolved. My crew has one right now and it is making them drool like crazy. One dcmom has started sending DCB with bibs it's so bad, and he's not normally like this. I think this cold is making them really congested, forcing them to breathe through their mouths so they keep their mouth open all the time and somehow can't keep their saliva in there so it just pours out...kindas gross lol. By the sounds of it your DCB has it pretty bad and I know I would find that difficult to handle! I know it's not his fault but yuck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree fun&care...I think(hope) that I see an even bigger improvement once the cold is gone! Mom keeps sending bibs and I have been keeping them here lol. I go through so many and have to do the wash during the day some days because I run out! She hasn't asked for any back yet lol.

I also agree, it's not his fault but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with! I feel bad but it grosses me out! Oh well, time to mop the floors now!

Euphoric !
    I just need to vent.........(discla imer...I know it's not his fault but still doesn't make it any easier to deal with)

I am so done with this drooling and his snotty runny nose!! It is grossing me out, grossing the other kids out and nothing is safe from the drool!! We went to a public park today...the poor swing was literally wet when I took him out of it. He is in his 3rd shirt of the day and I think 4th bib? (would have been more like 6-8 but we were outside) We spent 2 hours outside this morning and his belt on the stroller was soaked and his rain jacket is disgusting.

I have been giving him only a cup with a straw, teaching him the difference between a "wet" and a "dry" chin, massaging his cheeks, encouraging him to swallow and to keep his mouth closed. (all of these were tips I read online) and none of it is helping! I NEVER EVER use hand sanitizer (don't like the stuff and would rather just wash my hands) but I now don't go anywhere without it. I have gone through countless kleenax's, am doing bib laundry during the day ( I need to buy more but can't find any good ones) and am constantly cleaning the toys and wiping/moping the floor and play mats.

I don't know what to do anymore!! I know it's not his fault and there likely isn't much I can do to stop it but I don't know how to deal with it anymore either. I am not a person who terms a child but I want to term him!! ( I would never but I also wouldn't be hurt if they pulled him out. Unfortunately, mom loves me and is so happy that he's happy here and that he is now drinking whole milk instead of breastmilk)

Are there any "problems" out there that would be a cause for this much drooling at this age?? It is not normal!! It is beyond excessive in my mind.

Thanks for letting me vent

Euphoric !
    OH 5LM's, I feel for you!! Vent, vent all you want! lol

No that is not normal, not at all, especially at his age.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post: