Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    thanks second.....I do clean a lot more now! lol. One of the other kids asked why he is always so "sticky" haha and they are really good about bringing me toys that have pools of drool on/in them. I have been wearing my slippers more often to avoid stepping in the drool and on the days that we can, we spend most of it outside so it's less cleaning for me and it just wipes off his rain jacket. It is what it is I guess!

Thanks for listening to me vent!
    if it were me, i would sart putting more responsibility on the parents. Tell them they need to take the kid to the doctors, tell them they need to buy more bibs, send the bibs home at the end of the day for them to wash dry and pack. The more you put on them, the more likly they are to get off their ass and do something.

Euphoric !
    He's gone now

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    He's gone now
    sorry didn't read the dates. what ended up happening?

Euphoric !
    She had some issues with late pick ups and late payment. We had an illness go through the daycare and she was mad at having to pay for his sick days. During a phone call she asked if I'd be getting a sick note from the doctor and become quite rude. The conversation went badly when we laid everything out on the table. She accused me of charging her more than the others ( I wasn't AND she was even getting away with not paying the late pickup fee almost daily because I thought I'd do her a favour) and treating her child differently (absurd!). First time ever that I terminated care!! I've never dealt with a person as self entitled as she was!

I knew when I signed her on, she would likely be the first person I needed to terminate and I was right!! Always trust your gut. As much as the situation sucked, she did teach me a few good business lessons lol
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 04-27-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    I recently had an experience where 13 month old dcg removed her amber necklace at nap time and when I went in it was slimy and partly in her mouth. That day the mother got a note that jewelry is a liability in my dc and not allowed anymore. I have 5 to get ready for nap and shouldn't be responsible for one more thing. If that child had choked it was my dc on the line. Mom agreed thank goodness