Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Storing ride on cars

Happy Friday and Happy Mothers Day!!!

I was just curious in what you all do every night with the ride on toys? I use to put them all away in my garage but since I have moved and converted my side yard for the daycare I now lug all the toys from my backyard shed. (My hubby wants his garage back) I'm finding it a big hassle to both, bring them out and put them away everyday. I also recently bought thick industrial rubber mats which cover the ground so no dirt or grass. I'm thinking that the toys will not get too dirty but only wet if it was to rain. Any other ideas? Would love to know what you all do.

TIA

Euphoric !
    I leave mine outside. Don't know if that's an option with it being the side of your house. I keep an old towel in my outdoor supply box (which also has wipes, kleenex, first aid and a few diapers) and wipe them down if they got wet. No big deal.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have a shed in the backyard and it's pretty much all daycare stuff. I put them away every night for 2 reasons...1.I hate when things get faded from the sun and 2. I don't want to risk them getting stolen. Theft isn't an issue in my area but it does seem to be an issue in my City. I figure why chance it? I have the room to do this though and because it's in the yard, it's so easy to do.

I keep the stroller, wagon, car seats, extra swings and a few other misc things in the garage...I mean man cave! haha. I know he would appreciate his space back but the shed has no room in it!

Where did you buy the thick rubber mats? I picked up a rubber mat at CT but it's just a thin one (which is fine) but I'm curious! lol. I bought a mop last night to keep in the shed and will use that to wipe off the mat and the bigger playstructures that obviously have to stay outside...I will be sad when those fade lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks ladies, my side yard is totally fenced in so I will probably just leave them out. 5LM I lucked out and bought them from my neighbour who happens to own an indoor playground for kids and she had extra. They are 4'x6' so I covered the whole side yard with them. They are awesome no need to worry about mud etc.....you just need to be sure to level and slope the ground before lying them down. They are also excellent for cushioning falls.

Euphoric !
    Oh nice!! I put mine under the swings and in the playhouse under the slide because those were the two areas that they have created mud in lol. The grass has no chance of growing back so I figured I may as well just cover it up haha. The thicker ones would be great for cushioning falls!

My yard is fenced as well but the gate isn't padlocked so it is still accessible if any idiot wanted to be a pest. With it being a side yard, I would think the risk of theft is lower though. Do you have room in the side yard to put in a little garden shed if you wanted?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    There is room but I would lose plying space I'm trying to get hubby to but a small shed that I could put on the other side of the fence in the backyard. Depending on where you live my neighbour still has mats for sale as she just closed down her indoor playground business. I'm located in pickering.

Euphoric !
    We have some large pine trees at the side of the backyard. It has a bed of pine needles under it. I put all the outdoor toys under the trees at night. It helps the grass stay alive and green. The toys are wet and have needles on them most days but I just bring a couple towels out and wipe them all down. At this point I leave all the kids in their rain suits (even when it's not raining) so I don't really worry about the water and dirt and such.

I wouldn't drag the toys too far for daily storage...just designate a certain area as the storage area so the toys aren't always spread throughout the yard. If you have a few older kids (3yrs) they would likely love the 'job' of wiping down the cars when you go out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I leave everything outside. If the kids get dirty then so be it! That is what outside is LOL

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Mine are outside, lined up in front of my house. My husband hates it, lol...we are cleaning up our backyard to be able to play out there more often, but the ride-on toys work much better on the pavement walkway in my front yard, so he's just going to have to put up with it
    I would like to get one of those big Rubbermaid storage bins that are the sturdy plastic meant for outside, with a lid, to put out back with all the little toys - buckets, shovels, little cars, etc, because right now we have to bring them out every day. I do the same as the above posters if it's been raining, and just bring a towel out. Most of mine have been well-used by my own kids or bought used, so the sun-fading has already happened. The kids certainly don't mind!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyEight For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    I leave everything outside. If the kids get dirty then so be it! That is what outside is LOL
    This surprises me because I know you don't like to do messy things! Lol. I don't mind if the kids get dirty outside but I try (key word lol) to keep the toys semi clean and in good shape. I usually sell some toys each year to make room for new ones and I've been able to sell them at great prices because despite being dc toys, they still look good.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: