Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Swing danger

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinQueen View Post
    Really like the idea of explaining the rules of playing near the swings to the kids. Any more feedback on this?
    I would consider spray painting a box around the swings on the grass. This would be the "danger zone" and only the children on the swings can be in it.

Outgoing
    I think removing the swing is rather extreme. Bottom line - it's a life lesson that each person needs to be aware of their surroundings and take common sense approaches to avoid situation where the chance of being hurt is high. i.e. walking in front or behind a moving swing!

I would put the swing back, and simply remind children who get too close that they need to move. Smaller children who don't understand simple instructions need to be removed/distracted/re-directed if they get too close.

You can bet there will be times when the children go to a park with their own family and they need to know to give the swings a wide berth. If they don't then guess what, they'll learn the lesson the hard way once they land on their butts a few times.

Children get hurt - that's how they learn to be careful. As long as you are showing due diligence in the safety rules about not walking too close to a moving swing, they will either learn via your instruction or they'll learn the hard way. That's life really.