Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Filling an opening

I have one opening I want to fill the second week of July. I have 3 people wanting the spot for Sept. and October but nobody wants to pay to keep the spot until then. I even offered it part-time. I understand that. They are new mothers on mat leave, but I don't want to lose the income from now till then. The opening is available now, I've just decided to wait until July to fill it. I just waited 10 months to fill a spot so I could have to wait until Sept. or later to fill this one. Can I get some input as to how others would handle this. Maybe you will come up with something I haven't thought of.

Euphoric !
    If you take school age children you could try filling the space just for the summer with an older child and accept one of the families interviewed to start in Sept when summer child goes back to school - making it clear to mom care ends when summer ends. Make sure the Sept family pays a non-refundable deposit when they sing the contract which you will get to keep if they back out.

Euphoric !
    I can think of 3 options...

1. Like Playfelt said, try to find a summer only child and than fill the Sept opening with one of the parents who need it for then

2. I would send them all an email saying the spot is open now and you have interviewed a handful of people for the spot. I would let them know that it's first come first served...this will put the pressure on them to secure the spot now if they really want it.

3. Go without the income over the summer and fill it in the Fall with one of them....this might be the choice you have to take because it might be out of your hands.